• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans progressing new manager talks as they prepare for Martin’s Southampton exit

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
With the club being aware that Russell Martin is on his way (just waiting for the ability to formally announce it) and work being done over the past few months on potential replacements anyway it will come as no surprise to anyone that managerial talks have commenced within the club. We are led to believe...

Read more

expecting Watson to find a Rob Edwards.

down to earth, grounded pragmatist who leverages the very best out of his resources, playing to the players' strengths with a prime focus on winning. 

how refreshing after RM's self indulgent, navel gazing PR project (which worked a treat, for him, it seems).

pace, athleticism, power, go-forward hunger layered onto our penchant for retaining the ball - sounds like a winning formula. and another winning welsh manager, tidy.

It's time that we interviewed some Black British candidates. Not for any political reasons but because they are continually overlooked and we should find a bargain.

Glyn1 said:
It's time that we interviewed some Black British candidates. Not for any political reasons but because they are continually overlooked and we should find a bargain.

This

Glyn1 said:

Great idea. We can also get some non binary to do the scouting and a pre op transsexual to make the teas.
Just get the best get the best fit for us and cut out the crap is it.

Since Roberto became manager in 2007, the average tenure has been 1 year 16 weeks in the job. That excludes the interim appointments (Curt twice and Leon once).

Statistically, we will be back to square one again at the end of next season…!

Glyn1 said:

Good idea, and, double whammy, if we insist the candidates are British female it will make it non political and non sexist at the same time.

sainthelens said:
Great idea. We can also get some non binary to do the scouting and a pre op transsexual to make the teas.
Just get the best get the best fit for us and cut out the crap is it.

He's literally saying that because not many black managers/coaches get jobs or even interviews, there's possibly some really good ones out there no-one has taken a chance on. He's not saying hire someone just because they're black.

JackSomething said:
He's literally saying that because not many black managers/coaches get jobs or even interviews, there's possibly some really good ones out there no-one has taken a chance on. He's not saying hire someone just because they're black.
Exactly, but that point has not sunk in with someone!

Pentyrchjack said:
Since Roberto became manager in 2007, the average tenure has been 1 year 16 weeks in the job. That excludes the interim appointments (Curt twice and Leon once).

Statistically, we will be back to square one again at the end of next season…!

That’s got to be skewed by Bradley/Clement Carvalhal? Most last two seasons don’t they?

jacabertawe said:
Exactly, but that point has not sunk in with someone!

Wow.
We all know the point he's making whilst hiding behind the " I'm not being political " line.

sainthelens said:
Wow.
We all know the point he's making whilst hiding behind the " I'm not being political " line.

That angle didn't even enter my mind until I saw the replies from you and airedale. Guess we'll have to wait for Glyn's response to find out for sure.

sainthelens said:
Wow.

And what's wrong with it being political, it's a fact that black people in this country get less opportunities specially football managers.

Personally, I'd just want us to get the best person available for the job, the one we think will be best for us as a team, regardless of race and colour.

Positive discrimination is as bad as negative discrimination.

ABSwan said:
Personally, I'd just want us to get the best person available for the job, the one we think will be best for us as a team, regardless of race and colour.

Positive discrimination is as bad as negative discrimination.

I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense is saying anything different to your first sentence.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back