• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans progressing new manager talks as they prepare for Martin’s Southampton exit

I’ve said it before and will say it again - the answer is Sarina Wiegman although I doubt she would take the drop from coaching England Women.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And what's wrong with it being political, it's a fact that black people in this country get less opportunities specially football managers.

Reality check please.
The only one anywhere near possibly good enough would be Darren Moore...if he cant get Sheff Weds up no doubt he'll be in the running.
Past that....who the fck you talking about?

Lets hope, as we've known now for some time that Martin is going, that the new manager, whoever he will be, is already lined up and will be announced the moment Marin's confirmed gone to Southampton.

Doubt it though.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And what's wrong with it being political, it's a fact that black people in this country get less opportunities specially football managers.

You'd like a political appointment, gambling with your club. Are you sure you are a supporter?

The Black population in the UK is about 4% of the total population. The percentage of Black footballers is higher but in most walks of life you won't see many Black people across the Country in senior positions in work, not because of discrimination (not denying there is some) but because there are a lot less Black candidates of the right calibre than White, simply due to the low % of the total population.

I don't know why there are a low number of Black managers, its fair to say most of the high profile Black ex players who went into management were pretty hopeless, in line with a number of high profile White ex players who went into management.

Selecting a manager based on colour as a 'political statement' would be dumb.

Personally I don't care about the colour of the next manager, as long as he's the best choice to move us back up the table.

ABSwan said:
Lets hope, as we've known now for some time that Martin is going, that the new manager, whoever he will be, is already lined up and will be announced the moment Marin's confirmed gone to Southampton.

Doubt it though.

Seems Marin's on his bike? 😉

ABSwan said:
You'd like a political appointment, gambling with your club. Are you sure you are a supporter?

The Black population in the UK is about 4% of the total population. The percentage of Black footballers is higher but in most walks of life you won't see many Black people across the Country in senior positions in work, not because of discrimination (not denying there is some) but because there are a lot less Black candidates of the right calibre than White, simply due to the low % of the total population.

I don't know why there are a low number of Black managers, its fair to say most of the high profile Black ex players who went into management were pretty hopeless, in line with a number of high profile White ex players who went into management.

Selecting a manager based on colour as a 'political statement' would be dumb.

Personally I don't care about the colour of the next manager, as long as he's the best choice to move us back up the table.

Firstly yes I am a supporter and secondly, you would have a point of I had said employ a black manager regardless of how good he/she/it is just because they are black but I didn't. I clearly didn't word my comment very well but what I was trying to convey is that regardless if whether people on here like it or not,which clearly they don't, it is a political issue.i take on board the percentage issue although the bame community actual makes up 18% of the UK population but the big issue is that a lot of bame don't come forward simply because they know it's stacked against them.

And I totally agree with you that only the very best person to run our football should get the job regardless of ethnicity.

Opportunity for all regardless of colour or creed.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back