• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans set to sign a right back – it’s not a hoax!

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
The Swans are set to sign Brentford right back Fin Stevens on loan for the rest of the season after agreeing terms with the Bees this evening. There has been a desperate need for a right back all summer especially since Joel Latibeaudiere got injured against Millwall and many players have been linked...

Read more

Not sure why we need a rb.
Martin has Benda he can play out of position there

It seems like our loan strategy is simply to chuck money away. Martin only plays his favourites even when they are dogshit (yes, that's you Matty Sorry) or centre backs without a clue (try as hard as you like Lati, you're not a wing back. In fact you're almost certainly not a championship anything). Cundle is the only one to find favour and since he has been coached with 'detail', he has turned to ratshit.

Ogbeta too. What must he actually feel like. Imagine joining a new club and not getting a sniff, while Sorinopace plays game after game in your position covering injury and suspension.

It's only a matter of time before Premier league sides stop sending us young talent on loan if they are only going to get the odd runout for the U23's

Swanjaxs said:
It's only a matter of time before Premier league sides stop sending us young talent on loan if they are only going to get the odd runout for the U23's

Looking at RMs track record with loan signings and new signings it doesn't make great reading.

Williams - thrown into deep end when side still learning, confidence destroyed and left to rot. Recalled in Jan
Laird - did well, overused to exhaustion and was half the player when he came. Recalled in Jan
Ogbeta - never given a look in, RM has tried pushing him out the door since he got here. Rotting in reserves
Stevens - never given a starting chance, only a few sub appearances end of games.
Oko-Flex - exciting attacker. Hauled off for not following instruction despite being most dangerous player.
Cundle - exciting attacker. Two months in from that promising debut looks like half the player he was.
Finley Burns - never given a look in, a few appearances when injuries happened. Recalled in summer
Piroe - originally RM didn't want him. Stellar first season, now looks like a quarter of the player he was.
Obafemi - as above. Great end of season, now struggling for form.
Congreve - a few promising sub appearances. Made a mistake on first start and thrown under bus by RM.
Whittaker - first Swans player to score a hat trick since Sinclair. Never given proper chance, sent on loan.
Joseph - Promising young attacker, again never given chance to settle inside. Sent on loan.
Benda - See Williams. Shipped on loan and replaced by Fisher at no small expense for our budget.
Fisher - Replaced Benda. Costly mistakes has seen him dropped and replaced by Benda, money well spent.

All I know is that if I was a premier league manager and I saw this track record, I would be looking at different clubs to develop my players.

bakajack said:
Looking at RMs track record with loan signings and new signings it doesn't make great reading.

Williams - thrown into deep end when side still learning, confidence destroyed and left to rot. Recalled in Jan
Laird - did well, overused to exhaustion and was half the player when he came. Recalled in Jan
Ogbeta - never given a look in, RM has tried pushing him out the door since he got here. Rotting in reserves
Stevens - never given a starting chance, only a few sub appearances end of games.
Oko-Flex - exciting attacker. Hauled off for not following instruction despite being most dangerous player.
Cundle - exciting attacker. Two months in from that promising debut looks like half the player he was.
Finley Burns - never given a look in, a few appearances when injuries happened. Recalled in summer
Piroe - originally RM didn't want him. Stellar first season, now looks like a quarter of the player he was.
Obafemi - as above. Great end of season, now struggling for form.
Congreve - a few promising sub appearances. Made a mistake on first start and thrown under bus by RM.
Whittaker - first Swans player to score a hat trick since Sinclair. Never given proper chance, sent on loan.
Joseph - Promising young attacker, again never given chance to settle inside. Sent on loan.
Benda - See Williams. Shipped on loan and replaced by Fisher at no small expense for our budget.
Fisher - Replaced Benda. Costly mistakes has seen him dropped and replaced by Benda, money well spent.

All I know is that if I was a premier league manager and I saw this track record, I would be looking at different clubs to develop my players.

Premier League manager?
If I was a Conference manager, that list makes for worrying reading

More worrying though is Martin's inability to admit his mistakes.
Never a good, productive managerial tactic in any business. He just prefers to throw the blame publicly at players, then expect them to be at their best for him.
I think we are winning games despite Martin's instructions

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back