• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans vs Torquay Playoff 1988

Captain_Sham

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
This just landed in my recommended viewing on YooToob, Looks like the whole game.I have no idea what th equality is like.
State on the pitch. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wep6wtXGWoo

Limbs @20 mins. Made some noise that day.

What a game. I could n't make it that day. I was at college and had to make do with radio coverage which in those days were just score updates, no live comms. That was such an important promotion after the arse fell out of our world in the old Div 1.

Plus what future England international was on the bench for Torquay?

Guthrie, Harrison, Coleman, Knill, Mellville, Davies, James, Emmanuel, Raynor, McCarthy, Love.
Lee Sharpe is the England player. Torquay centre half had come through the youth ranks at Swansea (David Cole)
Might be wrong about Emmanuel. I think Tommy Hutch might have been the other player.

dickythorpe said:
Name the side.....

1st LEG ...

Peter Guthrie, Chris Harrison, Chris Coleman, Andy Melville, Alan Knill, Robbie James, Alan Davies, Peter Bodak (Sub. Ian Love), Sean McCarthy, Paul Raynor, Tommy Hutchison.

2nd LEG ...

Peter Guthrie, Chris Harrison, Chris Coleman, Andy Melville, Alan Knill, Robbie James, Alan Davies, Ian Love, Sean McCarthy, Paul Raynor, Tommy Hutchison (Sub. John Lewis)

2 ex Swans playing for Torquay ... David Cole and Roger Gibbins.

i remember the first leg. Lee Sharpe's pace was immediately noticeable, i think he'd already signed for Utd at that point.

There was a mass brawl and Yorath was very angry with Peter Guthrie for getting involved as a red card would have left us without a goalie for the 2nd leg.

Listened to the 2nd leg on the radio at my girlfriends house, in between some "how's your father". It was a very wet day in Swansea as well.

Sherpa said:
i remember the first leg. Lee Sharpe's pace was immediately noticeable, i think he'd already signed for Utd at that point.

There was a mass brawl and Yorath was very angry with Peter Guthrie for getting involved as a red card would have left us without a goalie for the 2nd leg.

Listened to the 2nd leg on the radio at my girlfriends house, in between some "how's your father". It was a very wet day in Swansea as well.

Lee Sharpe didn't play in the first leg, but come on as sub in the 2nd leg, and almost tore us a new one.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back