• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City owners talking to new investors

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Swansea City owners are in talks with potential new investors into the football club although it has been confirmed that there is no confirmed new investment received as yet. It has long since been speculated that the owners are actively looking for new investors – whether partial investment or for...

Read more

Difficult to know what to make of this. But obvious that they've washed their own hands with putting more money in.

I suppose it could be considered better than them completely losing interest now the trust are a non entity and them being diluted more isn't a great concern.

On a related note I listened to that Silverstein podcast recently. In amongst the fawning of him and soundbite guff he said he'd spent 13.7mill on the club so far. Which can't be true can it? Or he'd own a much larger slice?

Reading the article just reinforced my apathy on issues at the club.

Going back to Silver Shield, Petty and the new owners I would have been looking for any bit of info I could and there would be post after post on the subject.

Now it's a shrug of the shoulder of does it mean much?

Looking deeper I just see negativity, as you say the Trust ownership would drop, and the comment of being told when it's completed. Again reinforcing my thoughts on the standing the Trust is held by the other owners.

How would they sell the clubs prospects to an investor? The promise of millions when we get to the Prem?

How much due diligence will the potential investors make or will they be chancers, as there's no money to be made while we stay in the Championship (or worse)

Chief said:
Difficult to know what to make of this. But obvious that they've washed their own hands with putting more money in.

I suppose it could be considered better than them completely losing interest now the trust are a non entity and them being diluted more isn't a great concern.

On a related note I listened to that Silverstein podcast recently. In amongst the fawning of him and soundbite guff he said he'd spent 13.7mill on the club so far. Which can't be true can it? Or he'd own a much larger slice?

Just had a conversation about that.

Was the £10m? a 50/50 split by him and the current owners?

Or has he loaned more, not for shares but for future repayment and interest?

3swan said:

The whole issue over the loan notes was clouded in secrecy and the Trust either don't know or hide behind a NDA to say nothing.

It could even be that Silverstein bought out a couple of the 28 as they wanted their money back?

It's always been a mystery but my decision not to renew Trust membership was ratified by the comment in the minutes about them being informed after the event (which will be spun as "We were kept informed along the way")

The same Trust minutes reference the membership at 670 for this year but also talks about giving away free membership to those involved in their schools project.

PSumbler said:
The whole issue over the loan notes was clouded in secrecy and the Trust either don't know or hide behind a NDA to say nothing.

It could even be that Silverstein bought out a couple of the 28 as they wanted their money back?

It's always been a mystery but my decision not to renew Trust membership was ratified by the comment in the minutes about them being informed after the event (which will be spun as "We were kept informed along the way")

The same Trust minutes reference the membership at 670 for this year but also talks about giving away free membership to those involved in their schools project.

Not a grudge, but my thoughts on the owners have not changed much since they didn't involve a then 21% owner in their pre sale discussions.

Not the best of start and since then I have not seen or heard anything to change that view.

I've not been a member for about 3 years, but do find it disappointing that this news is just a one line comment in the board minutes.

3swan said:
I've not been a member for about 3 years, but do find it disappointing that this news is just a one line comment in the board minutes.

Easiest way to bury it and avoid the obvious questions?

There has been much discussion this window about the owners "going back" on deal agreements and stalling transfers. This should not really be a surprise - my initial resignation from the Trust came about because we took the deal (whatever the rights and wrongs of it) to the members and got agreement only for Levien to renegade on that deal almost immediately. At that point for me the deal was dead and we needed to hit legal action but the board was split and the majority wanted to carry on and chat! But given he wasnt for moving then we know what happened next :lol:

Their interest in this club disappeared the night we lost to Southampton at the Liberty and its no coincidence that some of them have not been seen here since

That is so true. I'm open to other views but so many years have now gone that it is unlikely my views will change.

We are a club going nowhere, it's all about not losing more of their investment. Which as a business I can understand, but football, as a business is also about keeping 'customers' and attracting more.

Imo Is the product, keeping pace with the opposition or has the majority of cost cutting been done and now totally reliant on signing and selling gems?

Decoy to stop the fans moaning when they don't spend any money in January?

NWJack said:
Decoy to stop the fans moaning when they don't spend any money in January?

Strange timing.

Either the Trust has gone on their own in announcing this, or the club owners gave the ok

I know which is my guess.

Pegojack said:
Completely new owners with some ambition would be the best of a bad job. We couldn't be that lucky, could we?

We can but hope, but I think we've used up all our luck.

Christmas is 11 months away.

Phil's comments speak volumes.
How anyone can support the current owners, as a fan, is a mystery to me.
What they have done to the trust is mm short of criminal.
Why they wanted to buy the club is another question but hopefully a new ownership with ambition, and more importantly cash, can help us compete and challenge for the top level and not look nervously at what may happen the other way.

jack_lord said:
Phil's comments speak volumes.
How anyone can support the current owners, as a fan, is a mystery to me.
What they have done to the trust is mm short of criminal.
Why they wanted to buy the club is another question but hopefully a new ownership with ambition, and more importantly cash, can help us compete and challenge for the top level and not look nervously at what may happen the other way.

I appreciate they have left us in a relatively "ok" financial state compared to most other clubs, but it's best if they find new owners and move on now, the club will never be united with them at the helm.

I shudder every time I see the trust make a statement nowadays aswell though, when Phil, ECB etc were there, whatever action that was taken you knew it was for the right reasons and for the benefit of the club, I wouldn't trust the current lot as far as I could chuck them.

3swan said:

Fak knows, there's been so many inconsistent statements from the trust, Winter, the Americans, generic club statements, its difficult to know.

I think, as far as I can see is that Silverstein loaned the club 5mill which was matched by Kaplan&Levein which they recently converted, thus diluting the trust&other shareholders.

There was talk of an additional 3mill loan from somewhere but no one ever confirmed where that was from. I don't think, as far as I can make out that loan has been converted yet?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back