• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Talks begin over new deal for Swans boss

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 3,261

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Talks have started over a new deal for Swans boss Russell Martin as he edges towards the second half of his three year deal. It’s been nearly 18 months since Martin left the roundabouts of Milton Keynes for SA1 and there have been plenty of ups and downs in that time. Last season was a […]

Read more

Win Win, more development of the squad/style if he stays, more money someone will have to cough up if he is to go....

More to pay when we sack him.

It's stupid. Let it run, tell him we'll jointly review things fully in May. He's done nothing to deserve any extension, never mind improvement in terms.

Good news imo! Don't think there's anyone better out there in our price range, he's learning on the job and building something good here.

Risc said:
Good news imo! Don't think there's anyone better out there in our price range, he's learning on the job and building something good here.

Completely agree, we finished 15th last year and could/should be in and about the top 5/6 bar a few very stupid mistakes (a lot of which have been cut out - not all obviously). Young manager making mistakes but growing and learning on the job, better than an older one who is stale and does not try to adapt. This really isn't all doom and gloom

SwanseaJack said:
Completely agree, we finished 15th last year and could/should be in and about the top 5/6 bar a few very stupid mistakes (a lot of which have been cut out - not all obviously). Young manager making mistakes but growing and learning on the job, better than an older one who is stale and does not try to adapt. This really isn't all doom and gloom

We're on course for about 68 points and the average for 6th is about 74.

Under 70 has been enough for 6th once in the last 30 years.

Sometimes I'm not sure what fans expect.

Our wage budget is bottom 1/3 in this league, our transfer budget is tiny and whilst our location is pretty (when the sun's out) it's still considered well out of the way by many.

We need to attract 'up and coming' managers, who are going to make mistakes. They're going to learn on the job. They're also going to be extremely hungry for success and desperate to improve our club/team.

Considering the budgets that Potter and Cooper had, Russ is doing well, in my opinion. He drives me mad with one or two things (like picking Joel Latibeaudiere) but we simply can't afford the version of a Russell Martin with five years more experience.

ALMOST everything that I hear about him from within the club (and local community) is really positive and the same couldn't be said about Cooper, for example.

The fact we're in with a sniff of the play offs with a bottom 1/3 budget says it all, doesn't it?

moscowjack said:

Our wage budget is bottom 1/3 in this league, our transfer budget is tiny and whilst our location is pretty (when the sun's out) it's still considered well out of the way by many.

We need to attract 'up and coming' managers, who are going to make mistakes. They're going to learn on the job. They're also going to be extremely hungry for success and desperate to improve our club/team.

Considering the budgets that Potter and Cooper had, Russ is doing well, in my opinion. He drives me mad with one or two things (like picking Joel Latibeaudiere) but we simply can't afford the version of a Russell Martin with five years more experience.

ALMOST everything that I hear about him from within the club (and local community) is really positive and the same couldn't be said about Cooper, for example.

The fact we're in with a sniff of the play offs with a bottom 1/3 budget says it all, doesn't it?

Spot on!

Risc said:

I still don’t see what the rush is to talk contracts with him, whatever your view of his performance.

On that point though, for my money no way has he overperformed during his time with us and he shows no signs of learning anything at all.

moscowjack said:

This meek post says it all about the meek Martinistas, in lots of ways.

The typical Martinista :
- lacking in proper football insight, tactical nous and intelligence
- gullible - easy prey for the cheap car salesman
- low achiever, hence:
- low standards of expectation

Moscow Nick is the prime example: 'Sometimes I'm not sure what fans expect'. Duh. How fitting.

Take a look across most Swans forums - the pattern is clear as the sunniest of clear days down Swansea Bay.

On the other hand - the cleverer, rational thinkers and high achievers with high standards of expectation want more, so much more than this shower of excuses.

Jak365 said:

The typical Martinista :
- low achiever, hence:

Moscow Nick is the prime example: 'Sometimes I'm not sure what fans expect'. Duh. How fitting.

Take a look across most Swans forums - the pattern is clear as the sunniest of clear days down Swansea Bay.

On the other hand - the cleverer, rational thinkers and high achievers with high standards of expectation want more, so much more than this shower of excuses.

Cleverer, rational thinkers? Dont you mean the PL supporting swans.

Thanked by mistake btw

And another thing...

What team at the WC plays WBs who's sole purpose is to cut-back inside, tuck-in to retain possession. At all costs ?

Martinball is All about Martin - Martin's CV, Martin's ego. Martin's mid-table mediocrity brand of waffle.

Only the twp can't see how twp Martinball is, right now.

And look, the twp have fallen for it. Our very worst sheeple. Hang your heads, meek sheep.

Jak365 said:

The typical Martinista :
- low achiever, hence:

Wow. Impressive post, screaming more about your own self-importance than actually trying to have a rational discussion about why I think we're punching above our weight.

Maybe, just maybe, you could wind your neck in slightly and add something more than the drivel you've written.

I'm more than happy to defend RM's strengths and weaknesses (as he definitely has both) and also happy to compare his results against those more experienced managers in this league.

Finally, you might be right that RM's trying to build a brand and reputation that suits him, but that's exactly what Roberto and Brendan did and that didn't work out badly for us, did it? If someone comes in for RM, it shows that he's doing something right for us.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back