• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The BBC bans “virtue signalling”...

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
...while ensuring everyone who appears on TV wears a poppy, the very definition of virtue signalling.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/31/remembrance-poppies-drawn-into-bbc-row-over-virtue-signalling

I always wear a red poppy. I don’t give a toss what anyone else wears or what they think about it.

Itchysphincter said:
I always wear a red poppy. I don’t give a toss what anyone else wears or what they think about it.

Which is exactly the right attitude of course.

Itchysphincter said:

A red poppy pin badge

Buy a new one every year, sometimes the one with the Swans badge, sometimes not.

I have never been able to wear the traditional poppy without wrecking it

I take that means the end of ‘Children in Need’ then.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

A red poppy pin badge

Buy a new one every year, sometimes the one with the Swans badge, sometimes not.

Same here. Should be a personal choice to wear a poppy and the type worn.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

A red poppy pin badge

Yeah, I haven’t been out and about to buy a bin badge this year but the paper ones always fold up or fall off.

Never worn a poppy and never will. Hate wearing symbols whatever message they purport to convey. Creates a us and them.

Poppy fascism just hardened my resolve never to.

Wearing a poppy nowadays is more about the wearer than anything else.

Eddy the Beagle said:
Never worn a poppy and never will. Hate wearing symbols whatever message they purport to convey. Creates a us and them.

:lol: Congratulations for making it about you. :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Eddy the Beagle said:

I don't wear them. I don't need one to remind me of what ppl went through during that and other wars

controversial_jack said:
Itchysphincter said:
I don't wear them. I don't need one to remind me of what ppl went through during that and other wars

As is your right due to the society we live in thanks to those that fought for it, no problem with that, like I said, I don’t give a toss whether you do or don’t.

Matic didn’t wear one today.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-manchester-united-star-nemanja-matic-chose-not-to-wear-a-poppy-20201101

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back