• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Bont - me and my dawg

Squarebear

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I've a few hours to kill in the Bont tomorrow, but I'll have my dog with me.

I've been trying to establish if there are dog friendly cafes/pubs/shops in the area (I'll have my car) but Google hasn't really shed much light on options. It looks like we might be ok to mooch around the garden centre. Anyone know any cafe options? My dog loves a blanco y negro after a good sniff.

I live in the Bont...it isn't as shit as it looks....

Go here...they have tables outside if they won't allow you in with the dog...
https://g.co/kgs/A41SLA

They will also let your dog in the Farmers Arms next door, but I haven't been in there since before Covid, and there is a new landlord...

Or...if you walk over the Loughor bridge, and walk into Carmarthenshire, you will see this old pub in front of you that has just told me allows dogs inside, but not in the restaurant....

https://g.co/kgs/dsgR4h

Oh....and lastly you've got this very old pub that will probably allow dogs in..just down from Jenkuns bakery that has a little cafe to sit down in...

https://g.co/kgs/Rbbm3r

So that's the dog sorted. Are there any people friendly places Bryn?`

monmouth said:

Not many mate...there is a Tesco, but no cafe...and a library that has resisted shutting for years....oh and a few carp fishing lakes at White Springs if your into that sort of nonsense...

monmouth said:

...apart from that it's a bit of a backwater that has seen a surprising rise in house prices despite the fact the all the side streets need resurfacing...

BrynCartwright said:
...apart from that it's a bit of a backwater that has seen a surprising rise in house prices despite the fact the all the side streets need resurfacing...

Hardly surprising. It's all the new garage doors.

What with the main street being shaded and the temperature so low I opted for the garden centre. Dogs are permitted in the garden room (and it sounded like a spot in the actual restaurant might've been available if I'd pushed for it).

monmouth said:
Hardly surprising. It's all the new garage doors.

Lol, just when Bryn thought we'd forgotten about his garage door......

Squarebear said:
What with the main street being shaded and the temperature so low I opted for the garden centre. Dogs are permitted in the garden room (and it sounded like a spot in the actual restaurant might've been available if I'd pushed for it).

You had a better result than me today then, went up to Pugh's Garden Centre in Wenvoe today, thought we'd pop up for lunch in their Cafe/Restaurant firstly, had my chops in shape for a Jacket Potato, but they've changed the menu :lol:
And then go and see the Koi in Maidenhead Aquatic's as they are the only ones that keep Japanese Koi, and the Jap Koi facility area was shut due to them having new Koi in from Japan yesterday, :(
Called back to Porthcawl and the place was fecking rammed, Great day :lol:

legoman said:
Lol, just when Bryn thought we'd forgotten about his garage door......

You guys are just relentless mun! The door has worked faultlessly since purchase from...,

I'll just remind everyone.... ,

ANDREW COLWILL GARAGE DOORS

of Penllergaer/Gorseinon opposite 3M

BrynCartwright said:
You guys are just relentless mun! The door has worked faultlessly since purchase from...,

I'll just remind everyone.... ,

ANDREW COLWILL GARAGE DOORS

of Penllergaer/Gorseinon opposite 3M

Serious question, does Andrew travel? No wind up, I really do need a new garage door.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back