• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ...

Actually that reminds me I need to pick up a cabbage from Tesco's in the morning, thanks Ranger.

When talking about football, the chip on the shoulder of some rugby players is glaringly obvious. Not sure if it's the knowledge that it's a far more popular sport, that footballers earn way more money, or the memory of not being good enough at football as a child and having to resort to rugby that does it.

I thought it was quite funny.

The prima donna injury-feigning in football is quite embarrassing and hard to defend in my view.

Jinxy said:

The prima donna injury-feigning in football is quite embarrassing and hard to defend in my view.

I agree.

JackSomething said:
When talking about football, the chip on the shoulder of some rugby players is glaringly obvious. Not sure if it's the knowledge that it's a far more popular sport, that footballers earn way more money, or the memory of not being good enough at football as a child and having to resort to rugby that does it.

It's also true that football snobs can't say anything nice about rugby either.

People eh.

Neath_Jack said:
JackSomething said:

It's also true that football snobs can't say anything nice about rugby either.

People eh.

True enough. I like rugby well enough personally, but it's a minor sport in comparison to football.

Jinxy said:

Theres a famous saying 'footballers spend 90 mins pretending that they are hurt whilst rugby players spend 80 mins pretending that they are not'

Having played both codes I tend to agree.

Fireboy said:
Jinxy said:

Theres a famous saying 'footballers spend 90 mins pretending that they are hurt whilst rugby players spend 80 mins pretending that they are not'

Having played both codes I tend to agree.

Not fully relevant to this thread but its interesting that in the (almost) six months the game has been played behind closed doors, the amount of play acting from players has reduced to be almost non existent.

You'd like to think it may be a reset moment but you just know it won't be...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back