• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The end of free TV license for over 75s

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53347021

MrSwerve said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53347021

Not for the poorest. Difficult for the BBC as this was paid by government, but will now have to fund from licence fee. Choice may come down to this or ending the important local services which are are already cut to the bone. Its a difficult decision, but pensioners are in many ways more economically protected than others. Though they will suffer with likely post-Brexit rise in food costs.

Why would anyone pay for a licence to be fed non-stop propaganda? The only thing I used to watch was MOTD but that has become the BLM show with a bit of football and pointless chat added to it. The theme tune just makes me feel sick now.

Arthur_From_OTB said:
Why would anyone pay for a licence to be fed non-stop propaganda? The only thing I used to watch was MOTD but that has become the BLM show with a bit of football and pointless chat added to it. The theme tune just makes me feel sick now.

I will keep paying the licence fee for the Natural History Unit programmes alone pal. Absolutely world beating. They also show excellent documentaries on BBC4 and their news services are highly respected at a global level.

Cannot stand that Strictly shite though!

BBC! BBC! BBC! BBC! BBC! BBC! BBC! BBC!

The "foreign" stuff on BBC 4 is also good. Love a bit of Scandinavian drama Bryn. Pay-per-view for people abroad who can't get live programming via satellite and a subscription service for I-player. The global demand, not only from expats, would be enormous. Maybe Warwick knows why they don't but I reckon the extra revenue could pay for free licences for the over 75'ies in the UK. That and a cut in Gary Linecker's salary.

BrynCartwright said:
I will keep paying the licence fee for the Natural History Unit programmes alone pal. Absolutely world beating. They also show excellent documentaries on BBC4 and their news services are highly respected at a global level.

If you think paying £150, or whatever the mugs pay, to be brainwashed with non-stop PC rubbish then you need help. I’ve just had a look at the BBC4 schedule. Nearly every show is PC propaganda : e.g. “Black nurses : the women who saved the NHS” , something about being gay in Chechnya, “Black and British: a forgotten history”, “The Black Panthers”, something about a black man playing Hamlet. There is zero entertainment on that channel. It is all about brainwashing you. If you are really interested in natural history then go out into the woods or walk down the coast and discover stuff for yourself. You are not going to find any lions or elephants but you will see some interesting birds and insects.

If you want to learn something then watch or listen to internet interviews with experts. If you want entertainment then watch shows on Youtube or download something with Kodi.

Longlostjack said:
The "foreign" stuff on BBC 4 is also good. Love a bit of Scandinavian drama Bryn. Pay-per-view for people abroad who can't get live programming via satellite and a subscription service for I-player. The global demand, not only from expats, would be enormous. Maybe Warwick knows why they don't but I reckon the extra revenue could pay for free licences for the over 75'ies in the UK. That and a cut in Gary Linecker's salary.

I don't know about expats but no foreigner is ever going to pay to watch BBC rubbish. They can get it for free. It is only mugs in the UK who pay to be brainwashed.

Arthur_From_OTB said:
BrynCartwright said:

If you think paying £150, or whatever the mugs pay, to be brainwashed with non-stop PC rubbish then you need help. I’ve just had a look at the BBC4 schedule. Nearly every show is PC propaganda : e.g. “Black nurses : the women who saved the NHS” , something about being gay in Chechnya, “Black and British: a forgotten history”, “The Black Panthers”, something about a black man playing Hamlet. There is zero entertainment on that channel. It is all about brainwashing you. If you are really interested in natural history then go out into the woods or walk down the coast and discover stuff for yourself. You are not going to find any lions or elephants but you will see some interesting birds and insects.

If you want to learn something then watch or listen to internet interviews with experts. If you want entertainment then watch shows on Youtube or download something with Kodi.

Christ you know nothing buddy. The BBC is a globally respected organisation. Look at BBC4 most nights and there are brilliant historical or science documentaries. Their impartiality needs to be maintained rigorously I admit, but nearly every media outlet in the world has some sort of bias.Right wingers like you will be having me watch Info Wars before I know it.

BrynCartwright said:
Arthur_From_OTB said:
BrynCartwright said:
BBC4 is superb and radio is generally good. Watching Radiohead on the iPlayer now. Felt too cheerful today. More right wing brainwashed propaganda.

Christ you now nothing buddy. The BBC is a globally respected organisation. Look at BBC4 most nights and there are brilliant histotical or science documentaries. Their impartiality needs to be maintained rigorously I admit, but nearly every media outlet in the world has some sort of bias.Right wingers liike you will having me watching Info Wars before I know it.

They could save a load of money by getting rid of some of the crap radio stations/presenters they waste money on.

BrynCartwright said:
Christ you now nothing buddy. The BBC is a globally respected organisation. Look at BBC4 most nights and there are brilliant histotical or science documentaries. Their impartiality needs to be maintained rigorously I admit, but nearly every media outlet in the world has some sort of bias.Right wingers liike you will having me watching Info Wars before I know it.

The BBC output is propaganda intermixed with third rate entertainment.

I challenge you to read this link about the fake Syria documentary and then say the BBC is independent.

https://bbcpanoramasavingsyriaschildren.wordpress.com/

If they knocked BBC3 & 4 on the head, slimmed down the local radio and halved Gary Lineker's wages they could offer over 75's a discount licence at least.

Arthur_From_OTB said:
BrynCartwright said:

The BBC output is propaganda intermixed with third rate entertainment.

I challenge you to read this link about the fake Syria documentary and then say the BBC is independent.

https://bbcpanoramasavingsyriaschildren.wordpress.com/

Watch this video.

The bbc are a disgrace

https://youtu.be/8tSBz3ic2bg

Arthur_From_OTB said:

Speaking of propaganda... you never replied when I asked (twice) " why did they(Russia), falsely claim that the Swiss lab had found a combination of other agents and not Novichok"

DJack said:
Speaking of propaganda... you never replied when I asked (twice) " why did they(Russia), falsely claim that the Swiss lab had found a combination of other agents and not Novichok"

I assume you are referring to the Russian claims about BZ. The Russians claimed that the Spiez Laboratory had identified BZ in the sample and BZ was not produced in Russia. This claim was correct. According to this article OPCW added the BZ "to verify the laboratory's findings. If Spiez had not found the BZ, as well as the Novichok, then the OPCW would know the laboratory could not be trusted."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7752389/How-Russia-WON-disinformation-war-waged-Salisbury-Novichok-attack.html

What do you think about this list of inconsistencies in the Government’s story ?

https://www.theblogmire.com/the-salisbury-poisonings-two-years-on-a-riddle-wrapped-in-a-cover-up-inside-a-hoax/

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back