• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Euro 2024 Thread

That last breakaway apart (keeper was favourite). Hojlund hasn’t been great.

You've seen England play though yes?
Yes, I hope Slovakia beat them failing that, I expect the Swiss to do the job.

What's worse is that penalty that clown Oliver awarded Germany after the other utter clown Atwell advised him to look at the screen, it hit the hand yes, but ffs come on.

We got clowns wearing Referees clothing, Oliver, Taylor and Atwell who unfortunately referee our Premier League games, its incredible when you think of the prestige the Premier League holds and we got incompetent officials refereeing those games, there are others just as incompetent as well unfortunately.

What's worse is that penalty that clown Oliver awarded Germany after the other utter clown Atwell advised him to look at the screen, it hit the hand yes, but ffs come on.

We got clowns wearing Referees clothing, Oliver, Taylor and Atwell who unfortunately referee our Premier League games, its incredible when you think of the prestige the Premier League holds and we got incompetent officials refereeing those games, there are others just as incompetent as well unfortunately.
Pretty much everyone watching the Euros: The officiating in this tournament has been pretty good and even VAR hasn't been completely awful.
The PL officiating crew: Hold our beers.

So glad we don’t have this var nonsense in the Championship. Offsides decided by millimetres, penalties because the ball brushed his hand. Fuck off.

Germany at 9/2 look pretty good value to win this tournament. I know it's hard to call, because it's a knockout, but I think they are the best team so far this tournament.

Engerlund will beat both Slovakia and Switzerland.

I do really think that, but my prediction record is rubbish. They will lose when they hit Germany, France, Portugal or Spain, or Holland or Austria.

They could still win it though. They still don't lose that often and Southgate might get lucky with injuries or random selections actually forming a proper team rather than trying to shoehorn in 11 totally inconsistent individuals..

Engerlund will beat both Slovakia and Switzerland.

I do really think that, but my prediction record is rubbish. They will lose when they hit Germany, France, Portugal or Spain, or Holland or Austria.

They could still win it though. They still don't lose that often and Southgate might get lucky with injuries or random selections actually forming a proper team rather than trying to shoehorn in 11 totally inconsistent individuals..
I honestly think Slovakia will beat them.
Fans throwing missiles at thier own manager after the last shitshow, they are shot.
Watch this space.

I honestly think Slovakia will beat them.
Fans throwing missiles at thier own manager after the last shitshow, they are shot.
Watch this space.
Italy today showed that the 'big' teams can't always suddenly just get it together once they reach the knockout stages. They were crap in the group games and crap today. Let's hope England follow the same pattern.

It'll be exactly the same type of performance as last 3 games. Slovakia will park the bus knowing England struggle to break the lines. But the lucky cvnts will probably win on pens.

Trouble is neither decision was the fault of the referees but more the guidelines that they are given - even with VAR - leaving too much room for subjectivity.

Offsides should be a clear offside distance as a guide or the decision made onside remains (in the same way you have umpires call in cricket) - to see a goal disallowed for a toe being half a centimetre further forward makes no sense at all.

The handball laws in general need a complete overhaul unnatural position, nobody really knows what that means. I would hate to be a referee at any level, I was talking to someone at work the other day who referees football in IOM, the dramatics you see from multi millionaires on TV is repeated at that level because that is how they see the game should be

This tournament has improved somethings - enforcing the rule where it is only the captain that approaches the referee has to be a good step forward (assuming it gets properly enforced elsewhere) and better communication with VAR to explain decisions within stadiums is another good one.

As far as VAR goes though there is much that can be improved on

Trouble is neither decision was the fault of the referees but more the guidelines that they are given - even with VAR - leaving too much room for subjectivity.

Offsides should be a clear offside distance as a guide or the decision made onside remains (in the same way you have umpires call in cricket) - to see a goal disallowed for a toe being half a centimetre further forward makes no sense at all.

The handball laws in general need a complete overhaul unnatural position, nobody really knows what that means. I would hate to be a referee at any level, I was talking to someone at work the other day who referees football in IOM, the dramatics you see from multi millionaires on TV is repeated at that level because that is how they see the game should be

This tournament has improved somethings - enforcing the rule where it is only the captain that approaches the referee has to be a good step forward (assuming it gets properly enforced elsewhere) and better communication with VAR to explain decisions within stadiums is another good one.

VAR could be a very good thing if implemented as intended. CLEAR AND OBVIOUS. Not marginal or subjective. If the decision can’t be made in one second…ok five seconds…it is not clear and obvious.

Otherwise, referees call.

Fair enough, but lets be honest all three are basically hopeless and so are many more of our "referee's".
The time that Atwell the VAR at that Taylor game took to make a decision was an embarrassment and basically proves my point.

I wonder how much difference it would make if offsides were measured from the furthest point of your body from which you can score a goal rather than the closest (for both the attacker and the defender). It would encourage good movement from strikers and punish defenders who are caught on their heels rather than tracking runners.

Offside is offside. One millimetre, one centimetre, one foot, it’s all offside.

A better option would be to have a review system as per cricket. Each team gets a certain number of challenges per match and gets to use them as they see fit. Only then is VAR used.

You never hear about marginal LBW decisions given through DRS being challenged.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back