• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Euro 2024 Thread

Offside is offside. One millimetre, one centimetre, one foot, it’s all offside.

A better option would be to have a review system as per cricket. Each team gets a certain number of challenges per match and gets to use them as they see fit. Only then is VAR used.

You never hear about marginal LBW decisions given through DRS being challenged.
Very few goals could ever be celebrated instinctively then, as they would probably be subject to a speculative challenge, 'just in case'. Unless the number of challenges was capped at 1, which would be fine. Use it at your peril.

I'd rather see VAR running throughout the game as the referee referees the game and intervenes without reference by informing the referee of the decision to be made ONLY when there is a clear and obvious material error. So if marginal offsides are missed...tough shit. Obvious dives (like Sterling's) and two yard offsides (like Aguero's) would still be picked up. No stupid screens for the refs neither. Either the referee is right or he or she has made a clear and obvious error in which case he or she is simply corrected by VAR and changes the decision immediately.

No pressure on Slovakia, an England side being suffocated by every minute that goes by without scoring, surely not an upset on the cards?...

No pressure on Slovakia, an England side being suffocated by every minute that goes by without scoring, surely not an upset on the cards?...
If they don't score early, their arses will be quivering. The reaction to a 0-0 half time would be delicious. The reaction to a 0-1 full time would be very special; almost Icelandic.

Can't see it, sadly. I think they will score inside 30 mins and wrap up a 2 or 3 niller, even more sadly.

If they don't score early, their arses will be quivering. The reaction to a 0-0 half time would be delicious. The reaction to a 0-1 full time would be very special; almost Icelandic.

Can't see it, sadly. I think they will score inside 30 mins and wrap up a 2 or 3 niller, even more sadly.
Ooo good start by the Slovaks mind 😉

Both defences look shaky. This could really be on. Slovakia could easily be 2 up with luckier bounces.

Don’t like being cynical but looks like whoever loses this game will have lost against 12 men.

0-1 is on!

Ref very trigger happy with bookings so far.
Both sides looking either spicy in attack or suspect at the back or both.
I still can't understand Southgate's decision to bring only one injured left back to the squad.

Oh and England behind now. Not undeserved.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back