• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Miserable Bstard Thread

Squarebear

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
As of next week I'm gonna be a senior railcard-toting mardarse, complaining about the cold, my aching joints, things not being like they once were, and everything and everyone else. This is my thread. No optimism permitted.

Things I've Learned This Week
Advertise an item for a tenner on Facebook Marketplace and watch the tumbleweeds blowing.

Stick it on Freecycle for nowt and watch the Audi Quattros battling for a spot outside your house. The rich, tight fúckers.

More tomorrow, unless those selfish kids of mine hide my phone.

My miserable bstard contribution. Ever since I've had a dropped kerb installed outside my house so that I no longer have to park on the road, too many t*ssers think they can squeeze in to the available gap between me and my neighbour. They can't and partially block my entrance and exit. I've given up being nice and having a quiet word. It's "no more Mr Nice Guy" and I report them to the local council who send a chap on a bike usually within 30 mins to ticket them. I've had a few already. And I enjoy watching the process on my security camera.

My miserable bstard contribution - just had the displeasure of having to call Student Finance Wales, a true turd in the world of terrible answerphone options and framework. I wasn’t going to hang up without asking for my frustrations to be passed on to someone who would give a shyte, although this didn’t cheer me up one iota. Miserable bstard.

My miserable bastard contribution.
Have a washing machine thats awaiting repair, took a trip to the local laundrette with my 2 bags...left for wash/dry.
Picked em up yesterday..fck my eyes firstly was almost 30 bucks, then upon opening up said washing, there was stuff I could swear hadn't even been placed ina machine. Went back to complain, owner wasn't having it.
The thieving lazy fckers.
Miserable bastard.

legoman said:
My miserable bstard contribution. Ever since I've had a dropped kerb installed outside my house so that I no longer have to park on the road, too many t*ssers think they can squeeze in to the available gap between me and my neighbour. They can't and partially block my entrance and exit. I've given up being nice and having a quiet word. It's "no more Mr Nice Guy" and I report them to the local council who send a chap on a bike usually within 30 mins to ticket them. I've had a few already. And I enjoy watching the process on my security camera.

There's nothing worse than this. Usually offenders block it despite there being ample parking literally in front of them.

waynekerr55 said:
There's nothing worse than this. Usually offenders block it despite there being ample parking literally in front of them.

To be fair, even in miserable bastard mode, I suspect there are a few things worse wayne :lol:

I think this thread could be popular.

I got a cut in my car tyre today, quote was £365. For a tyre, in a 'discount' place. What the hell is going on with this country?

Plus that miserable old git Squarebear is thrashing my arse at Nerdle.

I’m not paying £1.50 for a packet of jacobs cream crackers, they were 40p a couple of years ago I’m sure. Told the lady in Tesco ‘it’s a bloody disgrace’. Don’t be such a miserable bstrd was the reply.

Tbf she’s right!

legoman said:

I understand your anger.

What I don't understand though, from what I gather, if that happened in Swansea, the offending motorist, would not get a PCN from council!

I've seen a few posts in FB groups, with people asking does anyone know whose car this is? It's been parked over my driveway since yesterday, and the advice they were given is the police or council, won't do anything unless you are in the driveway and can't get out.!

So if that's the case, why are some areas so keen on it?, and others not? Just for the £££?

EDIT: And just to say, I don't know or heard of anyone getting a ticket for parking over a vehicle access dropped kerb, just a pedestrian one, the ones with the dimpled paving slabs next to it. In Swansea that is.

legoman said:

Buy a banger for fifty quid and happily scuff them for a few weeks on the way out of your drive.

BanosSwan said:
Buy a banger for fifty quid and happily scuff them for a few weeks on the way out of your drive.

:lol:

He has most probably forked out a few grand for the driveway and dropped kerbs, I doubt he would spend even more money on a banger, plus a couple of hundred on insuring it, just for a bit of petty criminal damage, when he only has to ring the parking police and they are up in a flash, to issue tickets to the offender.. :D

But IMO, it really is a complicated issue. It would be nice to know, further information regarding the culprits encroaching over his driveway, do they live on his street? Or are they just randoms turning up, going to the local shop, dentists, school, hairdressers?

There seems so many variables in this driveway scenario, especially if it involves people from your own road.

I'll give you an example, say I get dropped kerbs and a driveway done, purely because space is limited on my road.. So I get it all done, the white painted T-Bars advising other motorists, there is a dropped kerb here. Now I have one car drive, but then one of my children get's a car! So they need a space, so what do they do, yeah ferk him up the road, we will have his space.. Or what we can do, because we are clever gits, whoever is home first, parks outside, and the other goes into our lovely driveway, which nobody can park over. :)

For me, the councils are thick, they have not a care in the world when granting planning permission, for a dropped kerb, they only send letters out to the two adjacent neighbours, yet dropping a kerb affects maybe a few more people, but hey ho..

Just my IMO, they are basically getting peoples blood boiling, without a twitch of an eye.

Yeah I'm the proper miserable git. :lol:

tim.healings said:
I’m not paying £1.50 for a packet of jacobs cream crackers, they were 40p a couple of years ago I’m sure. Told the lady in Tesco ‘it’s a bloody disgrace’. Don’t be such a miserable bstrd was the reply.

Tbf she’s right!

Ha ha, she'd love me then, when I start kicking off over the price of the carrier bags.

jack123 said:
I understand your anger.

What I don't understand though, from what I gather, if that happened in Swansea, the offending motorist, would not get a PCN from council!

I've seen a few posts in FB groups, with people asking does anyone know whose car this is? It's been parked over my driveway since yesterday, and the advice they were given is the police or council, won't do anything unless you are in the driveway and can't get out.!

So if that's the case, why are some areas so keen on it?, and others not? Just for the £££?

EDIT: And just to say, I don't know or heard of anyone getting a ticket for parking over a vehicle access dropped kerb, just a pedestrian one, the ones with the dimpled paving slabs next to it. In Swansea that is.

I live in Bromley and the situation is pretty clear here. If you have a dropped kerb outside your house and a vehicle is parked with any part of it overhanging the angled part, as the householder you can use an online form to report it. I have done this several times now when I don't know whose vehicle it is. Usually when the report is Monday to Friday I get the bloke on his moped arrive within 30 mins. He tickets the car.
I can if I wish, "register" my dropped kerb which means it should be routinely visited by the bloke on the bike. I haven't done this because I want to be sure of a response when I need one plus if it's registered I can't risk parking my own car there as I could get a ticket!
It's the gall of people who give no thought to others that gets me.
Maybe worth looking a bit deeper into what happens in Swansea? To me in Bromley this is an easy cash cow for the council so I'd be surprised if Swansea didn't view it the same way

My old dad used to have a bee in his bonnet if people parked between his dropped kerb and next door (outside his gate) even if they weren't overhanging his kerb 😆 (there was room for most types of car). So him and the neighbour hatched a plan and used to box the person in and then pretend to be out. To be fair, in the end, the space was generally clear.

My dad was a proper Miserable Bstard.

My gaffe is on a nice, quiet street.

Well it WAS. But since lockdown ended there's been an explosion of building work, students and Uni staff started parking here, parents use it for the school run. Then there's one resident who despite having a nice big driveway shifts his car outside every morning to protect his wall (it's a bloody awful wall too).

Things couldn't get worse. We thought.

Then the Mosque opened. During Eid it was taking five minutes to slalom through the double-parked cars to the main road. And it's only about 100 yards away.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back