• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The oddest feeling

Swanluke

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Leaving Wembley losing a play off final and not feeling totally gut wrenched.

I think if we were all honest we didn't expect us to get promoted today but it's the hope that kills you and anything can happen on the day. Talking to fellow jacks before and that seemed the majority of thinking.

As for the game, it was another lacklustre let's just contain the opposition performance. I worried when I saw the line up and I just thought he's just picked the same team as Barnsley (obviously not routs). Brentford play a similar brand of football to what we did back in the Rodgers era. Play out from the back, then move it quick through the lines with pace in the wide areas.

I said to my dad before the game, we need to press these and stop them playing from the goalkeeper but we just seemed to just sit back. It's what we always struggled against when teams did thst against us.

I'm torn today with Cooper, hes done a very good job getting us into the play offs two seasons in a row however I just can't help but sit and think where are we going? There's no style or substance to our play. We don't look in a million years of opening up teams.

Our best Swansea City teams have harassed teams, got the ball back quickly and then attack with pace. I do feel for some of our players as surely they must be scratching their heads thinking i could run into that space but i cant because we will lose Shape.its utterly frustrating.

If this is the way forward then we need to back Cooper this summer with the players that suit his style but we know with the Americans still here it's very unlikely.

The joys of being a football fan, safe journey home to those that alao travelled.

We have issues on and off the pitch that leave us less than confident whatever the outcome was today.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back