• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Time must surely be up for Russell Martin? He has been backed?

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 37
  • Views: Views 5,125

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s a Saturday afternoon and as has become the norm for Swans fans around the country another defeat this time at Kenilworth Road at Luton Town. None of this should come as a surprise and the result certainly wasn’t in the context of a turgid run of form that has seen the Swans drop from […]

Read more

Am struggling with this now.
Cant buy a win, had underperformed in every sense, I cant see any support for him in our fanbase.
What's the delay in getting rid FFS?
Are we really that skint we can't shift him?
Really?

sainthelens said:
Cant buy a win, had underperformed in every sense, I cant see any support for him in our fanbase.
Really?

In a word, yes. I criticized our owners on here last season and people took issue with it.

American owners are usually bad news.

sainthelens said:
Really?

The Americans learned an important lesson in the relegation season. Changing manager in late-season is not an effective strategy. It's expensive, which means that budget is not available for other purposes, there is a lack of available talent, and it's disruptive.

I suspect (I certainly hope) that Martin's contract allows easy removal if he doesn't meet performance metrics. Nothing useful is going to happen this season, so perhaps the plan is to wait for the summer, move him out, and think again.

I said in earlier posts "Martin is not a clever man". I hadn't realized I was understating the problem.

With the likelihood then he stays till the summer...we finish 5th/6th from bottom having won basically 4 or 5 games out of 32.....season ticket sales will go through the floor for next year. Which one of those is the false economy?

sainthelens said:
Really?

Lining up the replacement will be as complicated as getting rid of the man himself. This is a decision that we must absolutely not rush, this can be the difference between League One and Championship footy.

Could be someone is hopefully lined up ready for pre season next year. They are just riding this out til the end of the season to save costs. I've not renewed but could be tempted back if he's gone and there's positive appointment.
If he stays I think people like myself will be unlikely to reconsider a full season tkt and may just pick their games or not bother at all.

sainthelens said:
Really?

The owners have put £16m in the till in the last 18 months/two years. We're a £12-15m income club in a £20-30m wages league. We can't just casually spend hundreds of grand binning off managers when there's little to play for, there's no spare pocket money to play with. Every investment needs to have a potential return in mind.

I think he’ll go in the summer or potentially in the international break after we’ve lost 4 on the bounce.

But it might be a case of waiting till the summer to poach a manager from somewhere who’s teams in the play offs etc and wait to see the outcome of that, Ian Evatt interests me from Bolton or McKenna from Ipswich who’s had experience with youngsters at United.

Swansea93 said:
I think he’ll go in the summer or potentially in the international break after we’ve lost 4 on the bounce.

But it might be a case of waiting till the summer to poach a manager from somewhere who’s teams in the play offs etc and wait to see the outcome of that, Ian Evatt interests me from Bolton or McKenna from Ipswich who’s had experience with youngsters at United.

I don't see us shelling out to another club again for a manager.

The problem is, the owners seem happy as long as we don’t get relegated. The problem with having owners who also own multiple clubs across different sports is that the individual clubs don’t get the attention and focus required to make any difference. They won’t see staying up as an achievement, but will be happy with it, as long as the costs are kept down.
Keeping all their clubs ticking over, is the key for them. And who knows, one of the teams might get lucky and get some success.
They won’t sack a manger and have to pay any severance. Why would they? It’s a cost they won’t have budgeted for. They’ll see that money as being earmarked for keeping us up next season and a more important use of funds.
Unless Martin walks, he’s here till his contract ends. Sad but true

Libertarian said:
The problem is, the owners seem happy as long as we don’t get relegated. The problem with having owners who also own multiple clubs across different sports is that the individual clubs don’t get the attention and focus required to make any difference. They won’t see staying up as an achievement, but will be happy with it, as long as the costs are kept down.
Keeping all their clubs ticking over, is the key for them. And who knows, one of the teams might get lucky and get some success.
They won’t sack a manger and have to pay any severance. Why would they? It’s a cost they won’t have budgeted for. They’ll see that money as being earmarked for keeping us up next season and a more important use of funds.
Unless Martin walks, he’s here till his contract ends. Sad but true

Should we ( and it looks very likely) we dont win a game , as each game goes by, the damage done to the club/fans will be off the scale. And should that happen , Russ will have no 'stock' to fall back on....who the fck would employ him ?
I'm convinced if we get thumped on Saturday he'll either walk or be be nudged.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back