• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today highlighted

magicdaps10

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
It highlighted our total lack of creativity.
The need for a creative 10.
Another creative player on the left hand side.
A proper central striker capable to get in the end of crosses and hold up play.

Big summer but much more clarity in regards to what is needed than 12 months ago.

It highlighted for me why we shouln't be retaining Pato. Unfortunately, at 31, his best years are behind him.
He's still clever on the ball, but hasn't got the power and pace to go through a Championship season contibuting what we need him to contribute. He did well in the first half to disposess a defender on the halfway line, but with a ten yeard start, he still couldn't get to a one-on-one with their keeper. He was outpaced by two defenders chasing back and was forced to shoot from the edge of the area before they took the ball off him.
No sentiment please, Swans, and that goes for Walsh and Allen too. We need quick, strong, hungry young midfielders to replace them. Get out there and recruit!

Coleman highlighted a fundamentally broken/non functional recruitment model when he came in during the summer which he says has been rectified. Initial results with Ronald and Placheta have had promising beginnings, but this summer window will be the true litmus test for if he is talking bull as usual or if we have gotten our act together.

Agree with releasing Walsh and Paterson.
I think that Allen a new 1 year deal with an optional 1 year extension from the club alongside the same for Naughton would give us time to band aid a few positions letting us focus our efforts on others.

Not so sure about Naughton, would rather look to the youth side as cover for Key at right back. We need to start looking to the future.

Not so sure about Naughton, would rather look to the youth side as cover for Key at right back. We need to start looking to the future.
I would certainly hope we are saying our goodbye to Naughton with Abdullai and Parker being able to play at Right back also.

I would like us only to keep Rushworth out of the loans and free agents and the rest I would lose no sleep if they all were not here come August.

I think there is opportunity for Pato and Lowe but it would be on our terms and 1 and 2 years contract respectively.......if they were not happy then it is a shake of the hands and good luck.

Thankfully the majority of the loans and out of contracts are dead wood and are not first names on the sheet with Rushworth being the exception.

Big opportunity here for us so no sentimental calls please board.

I would certainly hope we are saying our goodbye to Naughton with Abdullai and Parker being able to play at Right back also.

I would like us only to keep Rushworth out of the loans and free agents and the rest I would lose no sleep if they all were not here come August.

I think there is opportunity for Pato and Lowe but it would be on our terms and 1 and 2 years contract respectively.......if they were not happy then it is a shake of the hands and good luck.

Thankfully the majority of the loans and out of contracts are dead wood and are not first names on the sheet with Rushworth being the exception.

Totally agree with you.

It's time for a total reset in the Summer, there's a reason why we've languished towards the bottom half of the league for the last few seasons.

Interesting to see some headlines this morning about a potential England call up for Rushworth.

We really do need to get rid of players like Paterson, 4 or 5 good games a season is simply not good enough. We now have a chance to let him go , let's not screw it up like we did with that carthorse Fulton.

Totally agree with you.

It's time for a total reset in the Summer, there's a reason why we've languished towards the bottom half of the league for the last few seasons.

Interesting to see some headlines this morning about a potential England call up for Rushworth.
Werent we top half last season 🤔 As mentioned in the original post its clear and obvious what is required. One major positive since luke has come in is that he identified that 5 at the back didnt work and by the end of the season we finally have our best back 4 playing. Clean sheets lay the foundation for a good season and to me this back 4 are only going to get better. Its the mess in front that needs sorting

Werent we top half last season 🤔 As mentioned in the original post its clear and obvious what is required. One major positive since luke has come in is that he identified that 5 at the back didnt work and by the end of the season we finally have our best back 4 playing. Clean sheets lay the foundation for a good season and to me this back 4 are only going to get better. Its the mess in front that needs sorting
We've been bottom half for two out of the last three so over time I'd say we're a bottom half team.

We've been bottom half for two out of the last three so over time I'd say we're a bottom half team.
You could say "over time" that during our stay in the championship we are a playoff team, its all in the wording. Last year 10th 3 points off the playoff and since then we have had 3 managers and still manage mid table. Glass half full/glass half empty, its all in the way people look at it ultimately 👍

You could say "over time" that during our stay in the championship we are a playoff team, its all in the wording. Last year 10th 3 points off the playoff and since then we have had 3 managers and still manage mid table. Glass half full/glass half empty, its all in the way people look at it ultimately 👍
This squad is no where near good enough for the play offs.

We quite simply cannot bring in players who upon further inspection, aren’t good enough to make the match day squad.
Williams hit the nail on the head this week. We need a core of first team players approaching their peak, supplemented by youth players good enough to last 90mins and maybe 1/2 high quality loans.
We were on the biggest upward trajectory in decades and then we started ass scratchers like Frank Tabanou.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back