• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tokyo Olympics 2020 Thread

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
It kicks off with football and baseball on the 21st July, opening ceremony on the 23rd July

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57281128

I love athletics and I love the concept of the Olympics....however it should have been cancelled I feel.

Mixed feelings this year. Won’t have the same feel.

Having said that I’m looking forward to Ledecky v Titmus in the 400. Who you going for in that one?

dickythorpe said:
I love athletics and I love the concept of the Olympics....however it should have been cancelled I feel.

Given the time and expense Tokyo have gone to cancelling it probably wasn't ever going to be an option. Another postponement maybe, but athletes train specifically to be ready for the games. Would be difficult to do it again.

Tokyo is eight hours ahead. Bit inconsiderate of them. I wonder how our TV companies will elect to broadcast the events. I can see the appeal of them compressing the highlights into a (say) three hour daily programme starting at 9am, with no spoilers.

The Japanese government wanted the IOC to call it off. The IOC refused so the government would have had to pull the plug foot the bill themselves. As usual money talks.

Used to enjoy the Olympics, but I have no interest in this years games. Apart from Wales, I didn't watch a lot of the Euro’s either.

Definitely lost its usual appeal this year now.

However some interesting new events such as mixed 4x400m in both athletics and swimming.

Dr. Winston said:
dickythorpe said:

Given the time and expense Tokyo have gone to cancelling it probably wasn't ever going to be an option. Another postponement maybe, but athletes train specifically to be ready for the games. Would be difficult to do it again.

With respect, is there anything you're not an expert on?

Jackfath said:
Dr. Winston said:

With respect, is there anything you're not an expert on?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It starts at 1am in the morning, going straight through till 2pm, why Japan who is 8 hours ahead mun, anywhere else and the times are pretty decent

I enjoyed today's football between GBR and Japan women (only saw the 2nd half). Impressed by the accurate passing.

Jade Jones got her arse kicked. Murray pulls out of the singles, increasing GB’s chances of winning a medal in the doubles. He was never going to get far in the singles at this stage of his career.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back