• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tokyo Olympics 2020 Thread

BrynCartwright said:
WxmJax said:
Didn't understand the taekwondo rules but that was nail biting in the women's.

Tae kwon do is well known as the sport where all the top points go to the person that sticks their sweaty plates into or into the heads of their opponents.

It is, by far, a much more relevant Olympic Sport than Squash, which is played by about 150 people worldwide...tops.

Don’t get me started on GOLF. An Olympic sport! I like golf but it should never be an Olympic sport. Might just as well have darts there too! 🙄

Congrats to Alys Thomas of our very own Swansea Aquatics. Missed out on a medal but made the final of the 200 m butterfly (came 7th, but 3rd to 7th we’re all pretty close).

https://twitter.com/alys_thomas/status/1420621875420401667?s=20

GB women's football crash out in extra time 4-3.. but conceded an 89th minute equaliser 2-2 to take it to extra time

GB women's rugby 7s march into the semi final to play for a medal

Set your 'videos' for early hours of Sunday morning

James Jones, Swansea lad, BMX freestyle

Enjoying the games so far.

Think Team GB have a few for whom this is one games too many and a few for whom this is one games not far enough. If we can get 15 Golds by the end of it we'll have done very well. Good sign is the number of Silver/Bronzes we're winning. Bodes well for the future.

Think track cycling and boxing will serve up a few more between them.

Dr. Winston said:

Think Team GB have a few for whom this is one games too many and a few for whom this is one games not far enough. If we can get 15 Golds by the end of it we'll have done very well. Good sign is the number of Silver/Bronzes we're winning. Bodes well for the future.

We've already got guaranteed medals in 2 boxing weight classes, and we're normally excellent at track cycling

Skippyjack said:
Dr. Winston said:

We've already got guaranteed medals in 2 boxing weight classes, and we're normally excellent at track cycling

We're normally excellent at rowing and have zero Golds.

Team GB have been brilliant at two Olympics in a row. It's going to be hardto maintain that. I'm not expecting anything like Rio levels of performance.

Magnificent mixed triathlon relay gold medal. What a great idea these mixed relays are.

Got captured last night by the mixed tri and stayed up and watched it. My favourite new event so far. It was a brilliant watch

The coverage of the games has been absolutely woeful

I understand BBC have lost the rights but it's been very underwhelming, I was shocked to read the 100m mens final is tomorrow, barely been promoted or mentioned.

A lot of it is just passing by

Khachanov is probably wishing he hadn’t got to to the tennis gold metal match about now.

JustJack said:
The coverage of the games has been absolutely woeful

I understand BBC have lost the rights but it's been very underwhelming, I was shocked to read the 100m mens final is tomorrow, barely been promoted or mentioned.

A lot of it is just passing by

Lots of thickies blaming the Beeb for their lack of live coverage without realising (as you pointed out) that they’re literally showing everything they’re allowed to. There are half a dozen Eurosport live streams mind.

As much as I've enjoyed the Olympics so far, the mens 100m final was the first event that felt slightly "off" to me. Whether it's just the gaping hole left by the retirement of Usain Bolt, the lack of fans in the stadium or the lack of recognisable names there compared to years gone by, it just didn't feel right.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back