• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tomorrow Night

LoyalSwan

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Surely last chance saloon for Martin - another defeat and his position is untenable.

Burnley will have an easy three points Monday and then the question is who is next?

Anybody got any thoughts on who could replace the fraud

LoyalSwan said:
Surely last chance saloon for Martin - another defeat and his position is untenable.

Burnley will have an easy three points Monday and then the question is who is next?

Anybody got any thoughts on who could replace the fraud

I have no idea who our next manager could be but as I’ve said in the past I’m sure there will be applicants from all corners of the world for a job like this and to live the next few years in this area.

J_B said:
They won’t sack him.

I would have agreed up until this week But the charge sheet is mounting up now - rapid slide down the table, likely to lose good.players in Jan, fighting oppo players when we lose.
And after Watford and Burnley it's likely to be 10 without a win.

Would love to know what the remit from above is for him. Cos the guy is surviving on the back of beating them up the road a few times.
He really needs a big un tmrw, cos Burnley will tear us a new one.

I think he’s still got credit in the bank with the owners and is safe for now. They may have a different take on things on account of things like the Flynn Downes transfer where there was a potential profit of £10m if some of the figures being bandied about are correct.

Given the table is so tight, a win tonight would see us within a point of the playoffs, any suggestion of sacking him are misguided.

Jackfath said:
Given the table is so tight, a win tonight would see us within a point of the playoffs, any suggestion of sacking him are misguided.

You must be happy with the football he's dishing up then.

Nocountryforoldjack said:

I think the problem is that the merrycans are happy with things as they don't have to watch the puerile rubbish on offer.

Nocountryforoldjack said:

I'm not and I doubt Fath is either, but he's right. The table is so tight that it only takes one win for us to look like we're back in playoff contention.

With our owners, there's no way they're going to pay out a manager's contract and spend to recruit a new one in those circumstances. Best we can hope for is they pull any offers for an extension.

JackSomething said:
I'm not and I doubt Fath is either, but he's right. The table is so tight that it only takes one win for us to look like we're back in playoff contention.

With our owners, there's no way they're going to pay out a manager's contract and spend to recruit a new one in those circumstances. Best we can hope for is they pull any offers for an extension.

The table has little to do with our manager and more to do with just how poor the league is.

It's like your car failed it's mot but it still drives so it's ok.

I agree with your second point about the owners not getting rid of the manager but that's a separate issue, my issue is fans looking at the table and then deciding we should keep a really poor manager because we are close to the playoffs, that is very short sighted. We've got a tough run of games now which could easily see us much lower in the table. Anyway I'm bias because I think the manager is an asshat.

JackSomething said:

And I'll ask you this, do you really think we'll be in the playoffs end of season, and if we are you really think we'd win them considering how we've been playing last season and this? I could be wrong but I'm just not seeing it, not with our defence.

Darran said:
I have no idea who our next manager could be but as I’ve said in the past I’m sure there will be applicants from all corners of the world for a job like this and to live the next few years in this area.

Why would a millionaire want to live in Swansea? If I had millions, I wouldn't want to live here.

People with money want to live in London and surrounding areas.

JackSomething said:

That'll be papering over the massive cracks.

The bloke isn't learning, he makes the same mistakes over and over, and it appears that the players are running on half gas. We've all put up with poor results in the past, when we can see where we are heading, playing nice football etc. We have got a decent side here at the moment, which is severely underperforming.

How long do we give him to turn it around? Will we still have any of those half decent players here by then?

Season ticket sales will maybe concentrate a few Yanker minds. Double edged sword I suppose as even less available to pay compo, but it's only a matter of time before the remaining crowd turns if this carries on as it is going, and given how he always regresses to his default setting, I don't see how things can change much.

I expect him to see out his contract unless we are relegated. If they renew it as a speculative shot, I hope they put in performance conditions and a break clause as he will be begging soon enough. I've seen nothing from Winter (or Good ol' Jakey Boy) to suggest competence in these things. Maybe the Trust can advise them...🤣

I'd sack him now. Money well spent. God knows who they'd go for then though.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back