• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tony Mowbray and the like ....

BarryTownSwan

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Can't help thinking what a calm, experienced, 'Steady Eddie' of a manager could have achieved with this squad?
All this bullshit about "we are Swansea, we do things different, we employ young progressive managers with something to prove not the likes of Mowbray"!
Mowbray is exactly the type of manager this squad needs - stop this 'looking for the reincarnate of Roberto Martinez' nonsense now !!
Start of last season too many people on this board spouting "we don't want the likes of Tony Pulis or Ian Holloway, we want to play the Swansea Way"! What are these people feeling now?

You should play a possession based football game, but never play against your instincts like we do.. it's not natural to play the way we do, if it's row Z, it's row Z.. we're like kids in the street trying to copy the superstars in the big leagues, but by the time you're 23 or 24, you know you're not at that level obviously, these guys were born to play at the elite level, it starts by doing the correct thing, never let the ball bounce but Darling does it about 3 times a match like

I've said it many times, don't think Russ is that interested wether the lads have ' that' ability. He just wants to project himself as a manager who has that outlook to play that way hoping it'll land him a big job. I honestly think his ego believes it.

Then again look at what Michael Carrick is doing at Middlesbrough in his first job as main coach.

sainthelens said:
I've said it many times, don't think Russ is that interested wether the lads have ' that' ability. He just wants to project himself as a manager who has that outlook to play that way hoping it'll land him a big job. I honestly think his ego believes it.

They all have ability, it's just they have limitations like every one on earth, it's just the best find solutions to fit round complex and strategic obstacles like every professional in the world, everyone has their own unique philosophy and it's all just a game.. but to go against instincts and what everyone has been banging on about for years is barmy, it's making him look like an idiot amongst his profession.. he lacks knowledge of what works and doesn't.. he talks about details, the details are simple, we concede a lot of goals, usually in the 80th+ minute, is it fatigue of players like Grimes who plays every minute.. it's not that, but he should be thinking clearly now.. we simply don't compete in the 85th minute onwards.. we simply run around like headless chickens instead of closing space, win second balls, make interceptions.. it's like that meme "everything's fine" whilst the building is exploding

Whatever happened to Craig Shakespeare? Was an ok/decent coach.
Edit...just read hes head coach at Norwich.

I don't have a clue who would take the job, Ryan Giggs comes to mind, he might sh*g one of the players wives, but he can sh*g whoever he likes as long as we get results :lol:

Van Bronckhorst wouldn’t be a bad shout if he was willing to come here after being sacked with Rangers.

Cooper's football was unwatchable, Martin's 'detail' is worse. I dread to think what might get served up next, but we simply have to roll the dice. Has social media turned yet or do Swansea still love him more than he knows? 🙄

You just know we'll get a result or two against Stoke and Rotherham by boring them into submission and it'll be Pumperama again.

monmouth said:
Cooper's football was unwatchable, Martin's 'detail' is worse. I dread to think what might get served up next, but we simply have to roll the dice. Has social media turned yet or do Swansea still love him more than he knows? 🙄

You just know we'll get a result or two against Stoke and Rotherham by boring them into submission and it'll be Pumperama again.

We’re shocking against Stoke and you just know Ogbene & Hugill will score for Rotherham against us.

In response to the OP's point about not looking for young, progressive managers, we had plenty of success with Martinez in his first manager job, Sousa had only managed for 26 games before coming here, Rodgers only had 1 year's experience, Monk (who did well initially after all, despite time proving him to be the wrong choice) was a rookie, Potter had only managed in Sweden, Cooper hadn't managed a club before...

Appointing an experienced manager doesn't guarantee anything. Carvalhal was very experienced, as was Guidolin, while Bradley had plenty of experience, albeit at an inferior level. The only recent example of an experienced manager doing well here is Laudrup.

Going for a young and inexperienced option is also cheaper, plus you have the potential of earning a big payday if they do well and a bigger club wants them. You have to think both of those are big considerations for our owners.

I'm happy for the team to go for a more inexperienced option again, hopefully they make a better choice than Martin this time.

Edit: Oh and in answer to your question, I still don't want Holloway or Pulis anywhere near the club personally.

JackSomething said:
In response to the OP's point about not looking for young, progressive managers, we had plenty of success with Martinez in his first manager job, Sousa had only managed for 26 games before coming here, Rodgers only had 1 year's experience, Monk (who did well initially after all, despite time proving him to be the wrong choice) was a rookie, Potter had only managed in Sweden, Cooper hadn't managed a club before...

Appointing an experienced manager doesn't guarantee anything. Carvalhal was very experienced, as was Guidolin, while Bradley had plenty of experience, albeit at an inferior level. The only recent example of an experienced manager doing well here is Laudrup.

Going for a young and inexperienced option is also cheaper, plus you have the potential of earning a big payday if they do well and a bigger club wants them. You have to think both of those are big considerations for our owners.

I'm happy for the team to go for a more inexperienced option again, hopefully they make a better choice than Martin this time.

Edit: Oh and in answer to your question, I still don't want Holloway or Pulis anywhere near the club personally.
Evatt from Bolton would be an interesting choice, sounds like the type of manager we need and has done extremely well there.

monmouth said:

Plenty of the younger crowd on Twitter and Reddit adore him. Martin cannot fail, he can only be failed. They are sure Martin is so, so close to being amazing, and even the best managers in the world wouldn't win many games with our squad.

JackSomething said:

Guidolin did well.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back