• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Trying to be a bit positive...

Andrew - North Hill said:
There are definitely reasons to be positive - we haven't seen 4 players put the shirt on yet, and players like Gino and the Ukraine boy haven't had much time either.

They might make a difference, we'll see.

The concern I have is that they're coming into what is, at the moment, a totally dysfunctional unit. There isn't even a hint of a team structure or pattern of play, which I would have expected to see tiny shoots of by now.

We need to be careful that we don't put too much pressure on these new boys to be some sort of miracle cure. Duff needs to be giving players (old and new) a platform to perform at their best, and at the moment he's not doing that.

You are def right to flag up the need not to expect the new guys to instantly transform things. They have to be given some time.

swansvalleyjack said:
Keep Patino in midfield, adds creativity (though bit lightweight) lovely goal assist pass today.

I'd like to see Duff tell Patino he has to play further forward as a #10 as the link between the front players and the rest of the midfield. Just because the player's preference is to play a deeper role doesn't mean that we're only allowed to play him in a deeper role, he should play where we want him to play. He has all the attributes to play as a 10 and his ability to play front runners in is already proven. We have more than enough midfielders playing deep and he's the only one we've got that looks like he has the creativity we need further forward where all we currently have is a big gap.

karnataka said:
I'd like to see Duff tell Patino he has to play further forward as a #10 as the link between the front players and the rest of the midfield. Just because the player's preference is to play a deeper role doesn't mean that we're only allowed to play him in a deeper role, he should play where we want him to play. He has all the attributes to play as a 10 and his ability to play front runners in is already proven. We have more than enough midfielders playing deep and he's the only one we've got that looks like he has the creativity we need further forward where all we currently have is a big gap.

I don't disagree with this, but surely the first thing Duff has got to do is fashion some sort of structure that allows us to keep clean sheets.

Andy Coleman brought him in on the premise he was a "results first" guy. Well, I've seen 0% evidence of that so far. We look a mess at the back, we can't hold on to the ball in midfield, and we have a creativity problem up front. That's not going to get you any results, at any level.

Let's get the foundations right first, before we start thinking about putting the walls and roof on.

sainthelens said:
Duff has already ruined this side and turned reasonable players into league 1 lookalikes. What makes you think he wont do the same with the newbies?

Let’s be honest, after 36 games last season most of this side looked like league one players too.

It’s almost as if most of them aren’t actually very good.

Trying to be a bit positive? Don't you get it, you're supposed to make some big sweepers like "I don't get what we're trying to do" like you're some footballing God, and all this is beneath your contempt.

Listen, no one is overly happy with the results. Hell, no one's too happy with the performances either, but Christ alive did we not get plenty of chances to pull it back in the second half or was I daydreaming?? But at the end of the day, when your head-turned left sided centre back defends that poorly for both goals you're up against it.

Martin with these sweet nothings he's whispering into some of our players ears like some loved up teenager on some chick flick, is clearly out for revenge. Cooper wasn't happy, furcked off in reality before the playoff final, but at least he drew a line under things after that. He certainly wasn't stalking our players after he'd gone like some anorak-clad perve like Martin is doing.

But then again, perhaps Coops knows a shite defender when he sees one and knows to steer well clear unlike the defender that isn't able to arrange a defence to save his own life.

Jacket said:
Trying to be a bit positive? Don't you get it, you're supposed to make some big sweepers like "I don't get what we're trying to do" like you're some footballing God, and all this is beneath your contempt.

Listen, no one is overly happy with the results. Hell, no one's too happy with the performances either, but Christ alive did we not get plenty of chances to pull it back in the second half or was I daydreaming?? But at the end of the day, when your head-turned left sided centre back defends that poorly for both goals you're up against it.

Martin with these sweet nothings he's whispering into some of our players ears like some loved up teenager on some chick flick, is clearly out for revenge. Cooper wasn't happy, furcked off in reality before the playoff final, but at least he drew a line under things after that. He certainly wasn't stalking our players after he'd gone like some anorak-clad perve like Martin is doing.

But then again, perhaps Coops knows a shite defender when he sees one and knows to steer well clear unlike the defender that isn't able to arrange a defence to save his own life.

Russell Martin is history now. So is Cooper.

Mike Duff was a defender by trade, and is - according to Andy Coleman - "a results guy". So it should be well within his capability to sort it out.

Everything that happens on his watch from here on in is down to him and him alone. He's received unprecedented backing in this window. No excuses.

Jacket said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

swansvalleyjack said:
Doesn't look like I convinced anyone else either :D :D :D

Nice try! But as long as they play walking football always receiving the ball facing our goal and with little movement around them we’re in trouble. If they can work on on that and cut out the stupid defensive mistakes then things will be looking up. We’ve not got particularly bad players, it’s just that the way we play is making them look bad imo.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
.We’ve not got particularly bad players, it’s just that the way we play is making them look bad imo.

Err....Darling, Wood. Cabango, Fisher. I'm all for being positive, but I'm afraid our defence is s**t, no matter what the system. I'll excuse Naughton as he's been a good servant but time has caught up with him.

swansvalleyjack said:
Err....Darling, Wood. Cabango, Fisher. I'm all for being positive, but I'm afraid our defence is s**t, no matter what the system. I'll excuse Naughton as he's been a good servant but time has caught up with him.

Bang average Championship players, as proven by our bang average mid-table finish last year with all of those in the team. I didn’t say they were good mind, but they’re better than bottom 3.

(Edit, ok maybe some are below average :lol:)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back