• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Two more players linked - and then the links were played down but should they have been?

Interesting one went full hog with it and the other played it down BUT kept the gate slightly ajar.....which would suggest he might be guessing but is playing the get out card.

The other interesting situation is our quota of non work permit players with Ronald and Eom taking up 1 and 2 and question marks over whether Franco takes no 3 or does he get enough points to be excluded.
Anyone have any confirmation on the Franco WP situation?
Also, would the Celtic player need one as he has been in Scotland since January 2023?

I would hope the club have looked into these scenarios, I expect they have but I wouldn't want to see another 6 loans but only 5 allowed in the match day squad situation again.

Interesting one went full hog with it and the other played it down BUT kept the gate slightly ajar.....which would suggest he might be guessing but is playing the get out card.

The other interesting situation is our quota of non work permit players with Ronald and Eom taking up 1 and 2 and question marks over whether Franco takes no 3 or does he get enough points to be excluded.
Anyone have any confirmation on the Franco WP situation?
Also, would the Celtic player need one as he has been in Scotland since January 2023?

I would hope the club have looked into these scenarios, I expect they have but I wouldn't want to see another 6 loans but only 5 allowed in the match day squad situation again.
Of course they bloody have

Of course they bloody have
Erm…
Rafik Halliche 2014
Darnel Situ 2011
Cedric Avinel 2007

All signed for us and we effed up paperwork meaning they weren’t granted work permits and spent 2years with us without playing (and subsequently ruined their careers)

We don’t have a great track record in this regard 😂🤦‍♂️

This was interesting I saw on Twitter that the reason we didn’t sign Gautier Ott was because he couldn’t get a work permit

Would suggest we didn’t want to use him as one of our 3 wildcard options maybe because we already plan to allocate those to other targets (and Eom)

This was interesting I saw on Twitter that the reason we didn’t sign Gautier Ott was because he couldn’t get a work permit

Would suggest we didn’t want to use him as one of our 3 wildcard options maybe because we already plan to allocate those to other targets (and Eom)
Perhaps not as big a stretch as one would think, I have already seen talk that we are primarily looking outside of Europe because the UK and EU markets are super inflated cost wise right now.

Doesn't bode well that this wasn't looked at before they got so far, not much better that the plug was then pulled to pursue others that take the non work permit quota.

Playing 30% of a certain band should have been realised early on,Portugese 2nd division clearly falls outside that.
Saying that, as a Frenchmen then it surprises me no WP was granted.....will look into it but if he had played top flight Portuguese football then it would have been a green for go.

It was stated on here that the deal was pulled for other targets....makes a bit more sense now.

Doesn't bode well that this wasn't looked at before they got so far, not much better that the plug was then pulled to pursue others that take the non work permit quota.

Playing 30% of a certain band should have been realised early on,Portugese 2nd division clearly falls outside that.
Saying that, as a Frenchmen then it surprises me no WP was granted.....will look into it but if he had played top flight Portuguese football then it would have been a green for go.

It was stated on here that the deal was pulled for other targets....makes a bit more sense now.
30% is based on international appearances so stand corrected.
15 points being the pass scale.

I worked out OTT would have failed miserably...worked out he would get 5 points max.
Franco for me passes with 19 points. Even if I am out then it would be by 1 or 2 points so would be massively Suprised if he doesn't get a WP.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back