• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Two more signings expected before window closes - keeper and winger due in SA1

It doesn't matter what size you are if you're not good enough either. None of our current midfield options are fit to lace the boots of those players you mentioned
I know , but some on here are saying we need more height in the team. Didn't need it then.

I know , but some on here are saying we need more height in the team. Didn't need it then.
Physicality is the important aspect, not just height.
Leon, De Guzman and Hernandez would all get stuck in and scrap in midfield. We only have Franco and Fulton who will get stuck in now and, as someone said earlier, Franco asked to go off in the biggest game of our season because his arm was hurting

It doesn’t matter how much height the other team have if the ball is on the floor and we are moving twice as much them.
10 outfield players constantly moving, picking out gaps, cutting out passes and recycling, being brave in tight spots, no weak links.
It was amazing to watch.

He was left out of Birminghams matchday squad for a second game running, could be something in it, but if he’s refusing to play then I’d rather we not sign someone with issues like that.
Left out again tonight, he’s definitely on the move somewhere.

I'm not sure I buy the mantra that your central midfielder needs to be big (tall) and strong, I dont see that many midfielders (certainly not the best ones) that meet that critieria

I'm not sure I buy the mantra that your central midfielder needs to be big (tall) and strong, I dont see that many midfielders (certainly not the best ones) that meet that critieria
Roy Keane, Deschamps, Kante, Makelele, Xavi, did ok

It's usually tinpot managers who go for a big, tall clumsy f*cker as their metronome.. the Warnocks, Pulis and Steve Evans types.. lower league plodder types.. the technical ability in the championship is sh*te.. give me lower league foreign football than the 6ft plus types in the championship who can't pass a football.. Matt Clarke, Cabungle like

It's usually tinpot managers who go for a big, tall clumsy f*cker as their metronome.. the Warnocks, Pulis and Steve Evans types.. lower league plodder types.. the technical ability in the championship is sh*te.. give me lower league foreign football than the 6ft plus types in the championship who can't pass a football.. Matt Clarke,

It's usually tinpot managers who go for a big, tall clumsy f*cker as their metronome.. the Warnocks, Pulis and Steve Evans types.. lower league plodder types.. the technical ability in the championship is sh*te.. give me lower league foreign football than the 6ft plus types in the championship who can't pass a football.. Matt Clarke, Cabungle like
Fulton fits the bill perfectly for them 3 managers.😀😀

It doesn't matter what size you are if you're not good enough either. None of our current midfield options are fit to lace the boots of those players you mentioned
Different era/game nowadays its all about presence, pressure and closing down the opposition up over the halfway line, height, power and pace, Leon's football intelligence would have seen him ok, a young Joey may have struggled he was all about desire and want to win not sure that would work today.

As did Leon and Joey, but we need ball winners in the middle height and physicality gives you that in todays championship, imo
Some of the tallest players I played with couldn't head the ball.

I still think you can be physical without having to be a giant.

Barry Bannan 😎
Was gonna mention him, remember when we were linked to him all be it paper talk and it was po pooed by the brains trust on here and elsewhere him and another taller player would be ideal, with Bannan picking up knock downs and loose balls, in fact he is probably the closest to what Leon was in todays championship

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back