• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Video games

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 7,363
legoman said:
BLAZE said:
Flight Sim, fuck me. When's Trainspotting 2020 out?

A mate of mine is a qualified real world Cessna pilot and he is also a flight simmer. He's told me that the FS realism is incredible.

Well, it started me off flying in real life, but LoSeRs innit.

Flight Sim VR update just announced for PC https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/22/microsoft-flight-simulator-virtual-reality-update-available-now/ that will be completely mental on a high end PC

I see that one of the most eagerly awaited games of the decade hasn't fared well at all on consoles. Cyberpunk 2077 now removed from PS store due to a multitude of bugs and other issues. A complete disaster for CD Project.

MrSwerve said:
BLAZE said:
Flight Sim, fuck me. When's Trainspotting 2020 out?

It’s actually really interesting if you’re into aircraft and learning how systems work.

There’s a lot more to it than people generally know. I can understand that it’s not for everyone though! Some would say that tinkering with football tactics is incredibly boring but look at how popular football manager is! Racing games? Yep - also a type of sim (unless you’re playing Mario Kart etc). Horses for courses.

I had a flight sim once on a ZX81. Pretty impossible to play on that keyboard, plus the vector graphics were as basic as you could get. I used to head for the airport beacon and see how fast I could crash the thing!

Monty said:
Flight Sim VR update just announced for PC https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/22/microsoft-flight-simulator-virtual-reality-update-available-now/ that will be completely mental on a high end PC

Their last game Witcher 3 was full of bugs when it first launched. It's now considered one of the best games ever made. They'll fix it, just needs a few more months. People pre ordering and buying on day one are idiots.

Monty said:
Monty said:

Their last game Witcher 3 was full of bugs when it first launched. It's now considered one of the best games ever made. They'll fix it, just needs a few more months. People pre ordering and buying on day one are idiots.

I feel for them. Hardly anyone had heard of the studio after Witcher 1 and 2 came out for the PC. Then Witcher 3 was a massive hit for them, got released on consoles and the Witcher property itself became much more famous thanks to the Netflix show.

So the pressure was heaped on them for Cyberpunk, which is a pretty beloved IP itself and they amplified that with their own hyping it up. They obviously had issues making such an ambitious game, as the many delays showed. They must have felt the need to get it out and not delay again and as you say, most AAA games these days are riddled with bugs initially. How many huge Day 1 patches are released these days?

I imagine they'll fix the majority of the bugs in the next few months and the game will do fine, let's hope the studio can weather the storm in the meantime.

JackSomething said:
Monty said:

I feel for them. Hardly anyone had heard of the studio after Witcher 1 and 2 came out for the PC. Then Witcher 3 was a massive hit for them, got released on consoles and the Witcher property itself became much more famous thanks to the Netflix show.

So the pressure was heaped on them for Cyberpunk, which is a pretty beloved IP itself and they amplified that with their own hyping it up. They obviously had issues making such an ambitious game, as the many delays showed. They must have felt the need to get it out and not delay again and as you say, most AAA games these days are riddled with bugs initially. How many huge Day 1 patches are released these days?

I imagine they'll fix the majority of the bugs in the next few months and the game will do fine, let's hope the studio can weather the storm in the meantime.

Talking of AAA games, the worst out there (other than Cyberpunk) is FIF! 21. Riddled with glitches, a toxic community and DDA in the game is rife AF.

Monty said:
JackSomething said:
It sounds like you should check out Euro Truck Simulator and Farm Simulator, I think you'll love them...

ETS2 is brilliant, i've spent hours and hours on that game :lol:

I don’t know whether you’re joking or not.

Ebo said:
Talking of AAA games, the worst out there (other than Cyberpunk) is FIF! 21. Riddled with glitches, a toxic community and DDA in the game is rife AF.

I already have FIFA 22, it's called FIFA 16. Why people fork out for the same game every year I have no idea. I downloaded FIFA 20 a few months ago when it was being given out free of charge through Playstation Plus, just before FIFA 21 was released. Don't see myself ever paying for a FIFA game again

I purchased a Nintendo 3DS yesterday, just for something to pass the time when I'm in bed and can't sleep. Bought a 208-in-1 card for it off Amazon for £20 - has all the games I'll ever need on it. Surprised Amazon sell knock off games though - even more surprising it was sent from one of their warehouses, not a 3rd party seller. Arrived with free postage within 24 hours, no wonder they're taking over the world

BLAZE said:
Ebo said:

I already have FIFA 22, it's called FIFA 16. Why people fork out for the same game every year I have no idea. I downloaded FIFA 20 a few months ago when it was being given out free of charge through Playstation Plus, just before FIFA 21 was released. Don't see myself ever paying for a FIFA game again

I purchased a Nintendo 3DS yesterday, just for something to pass the time when I'm in bed and can't sleep. Bought a 208-in-1 card for it off Amazon for £20 - has all the games I'll ever need on it. Surprised Amazon sell knock off games though - even more surprising it was sent from one of their warehouses, not a 3rd party seller. Arrived with free postage within 24 hours, no wonder they're taking over the world

There have been something like 10 patches already for FIFA 21, really poor servers again, disconnects, and really bad lag no matter how good your internet connections is - this is FUT, not the offline modes. EA just wants to rinse people out of their money with FIFA points which is technically gambling (court cases in progress worldwide over it, FIFA Points banned in Belgium).

I downloaded the free 10 hour trial of the new Fifa, played it for 5 mins, bored senseless and uninstalled it.

BlizzConline started yesterday, they had Metallica playing, and on Twitch they had to play generic music over them to avoid DMCA, that they are largely responsible for creating :lol:

https://twitter.com/rickyftw/status/1362900300223246336

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back