• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Video games

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 7,361
My issue is patience, I don't have enough to persist with most games - and I cannot get used to game controllers, mouse and keyboard makes so much more sense.

Rebuilt my PC recently, bought a 1tb M2 SSD and 16gb of RAM which has made a huge difference to performance - all games are stored on the old 1tb SATA drive.

Next step will be changing the graphics card - currently have a 4gb 1050ti which runs most things but not the latest stuff. Debating changing the processor and MOBO (Currently an i3 7100 CPU) but think I'll do the graphics first.

gadget1974 said:
My issue is patience, I don't have enough to persist with most games - and I cannot get used to game controllers, mouse and keyboard makes so much more sense.

Rebuilt my PC recently, bought a 1tb M2 SSD and 16gb of RAM which has made a huge difference to performance - all games are stored on the old 1tb SATA drive.

Next step will be changing the graphics card - currently have a 4gb 1050ti which runs most things but not the latest stuff. Debating changing the processor and MOBO (Currently an i3 7100 CPU) but think I'll do the graphics first.

All that is why I chose the console route this time around :D Xbox Series x GPU is equivalent to a 2070, which is currently going for around 400 - £500. The Series X is £450.

MrSwerve said:
Invested in a cracking new gaming PC for Xmas (well, to do work as well, needed an upgrade!). I’m a massive flight sim geek so needed something more powerful for FS2020.

Mont, I believe Santa is bringing me Cyberpunk, but I’ve seen that it’s buggy as hell. What consoles do you own? Zelda BOTW on Switch has had me engrossed the last few months when I’ve had chance.

I used to love FlightSim but my pc and graphics cards became too old to run the game properly. Tbh I wouldn't class FS as a game really - I used to love the flight planning and practicing good landings. I was more interested in commercial aviation and chose to fly Airbuses.

Did you get FS2020? I heard you need monster PC worth thousands to get it to run at its best. What's your view?

legoman said:
MrSwerve said:
Invested in a cracking new gaming PC for Xmas (well, to do work as well, needed an upgrade!). I’m a massive flight sim geek so needed something more powerful for FS2020.

Mont, I believe Santa is bringing me Cyberpunk, but I’ve seen that it’s buggy as hell. What consoles do you own? Zelda BOTW on Switch has had me engrossed the last few months when I’ve had chance.

I used to love FlightSim but my pc and graphics cards became too old to run the game properly. Tbh I wouldn't class FS as a game really - I used to love the flight planning and practicing good landings. I was more interested in commercial aviation and chose to fly Airbuses.

Did you get FS2020? I heard you need monster PC worth thousands to get it to run at its best. What's your view?

I'm starting to sound like a salesman, but FS2020 is coming to the new Xbox's in the summer. It's on Game Pass Ultimate for PC now, which is where I played it. Requirements aren't that bad.

View attachment 1.jpg

Monty said:
gadget1974 said:

All that is why I chose the console route this time around :D Xbox Series x GPU is equivalent to a 2070, which is currently going for around 400 - £500. The Series X is £450.

As I said, I'm too much of a keyboard and mouse person, I don't get on with controllers - It's the reason why my Xbox 360 gathers dust and my son beats me on anything we play on the switch.

Santa is bringing me FS2020 so haven’t got it yet. :) I needed a new PC for work and play (handy for some of the MATLAB and simulation that I need to do for work) so was happy to go for a fairly expensive rig (about £1500). Cheaper to put it together really but I’m not experienced at making PCs. You can easily spend 3-4k+ if you want to, which I think is a bit crazy to be honest.

I think FS2020 will be decent on Xbox but you can probably get it to look better on PC with a decent graphics card. I personally like adding the detailed aircraft that are simulated properly and created in partnership with Boeing and Airbus (you’ve probably heard of PMDG) some of those aircraft are 100-odd quid alone, such is the realism of the systems etc. Not sure if that will be available on Xbox...

MrSwerve said:
Santa is bringing me FS2020 so haven’t got it yet. :) I needed a new PC for work and play (handy for some of the MATLAB and simulation that I need to do for work) so was happy to go for a fairly expensive rig (about £1500). Cheaper to put it together really but I’m not experienced at making PCs. You can easily spend 3-4k+ if you want to, which I think is a bit crazy to be honest.

I think FS2020 will be decent on Xbox but you can probably get it to look better on PC with a decent graphics card. I personally like adding the detailed aircraft that are simulated properly and created in partnership with Boeing and Airbus (you’ve probably heard of PMDG) some of those aircraft are 100-odd quid alone, such is the realism of the systems etc. Not sure if that will be available on Xbox...

No console will ever equal top end PC's of the day, they'll always be a generation behind. The new one equals a 2080 though, which is more than good enough for me. Lounging on the settee is more preferable these days after spending decades hunched over a desk.
PC's age so fast too, I paid just over a grand for my i7 in 2017 with a GTX 1070 and 8gb RAM :lol:

Flight Sim, fuck me. When's Trainspotting 2020 out?

BLAZE said:

It sounds like you should check out Euro Truck Simulator and Farm Simulator, I think you'll love them...

Fastest plough operator in the west, me 😁

Do you dress up lads, when you're doing your flight planning? What about giving yourself a clap when you land in harsh weather?

d7fe73df-234b-4280-8637-c1134e64e9e3.jpg

BLAZE said:

It’s actually really interesting if you’re into aircraft and learning how systems work.

There’s a lot more to it than people generally know. I can understand that it’s not for everyone though! Some would say that tinkering with football tactics is incredibly boring but look at how popular football manager is! Racing games? Yep - also a type of sim (unless you’re playing Mario Kart etc). Horses for courses.

BLAZE said:
Fastest plough operator in the west, me 😁

Do you dress up lads, when you're doing your flight planning? What about giving yourself a clap when you land in harsh weather?

d7fe73df-234b-4280-8637-c1134e64e9e3.jpg

Where did you find that...asking for a friend. :lol: ;)

BLAZE said:

A mate of mine is a qualified real world Cessna pilot and he is also a flight simmer. He's told me that the FS realism is incredible.

JackSomething said:
BLAZE said:

It sounds like you should check out Euro Truck Simulator and Farm Simulator, I think you'll love them...

ETS2 is brilliant, i've spent hours and hours on that game :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back