• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales Covid vaccines

legoman

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
What is happening in Wales? My in laws both mid - late 80s have heard nothing. Where I am in SE London loads have had jabs and now over 75s can go to Guy's to get it.

I accept its a bit of a logistical challenge, but I'm dismayed at the lack of action in Wales.

Anyone?

Well Dippy announced today that 45 vaccine centres would be set up by the end of this month or Feb, forgotten now.
Question is why hasn't that been done in readiness for the vaccine roll out.

I rang yesterday and got through after 5 mins so have to go to the centre in Splott (due to my job) We put about 30 people forward in our dept in work(VoG) on Wednesday, they all struggled to get through on the hotline to book an appointment but had no prob booking them yesterday, it seems after the initial difficulties it's starting to iron itself out, I'm sure it'll all start to get a bit rapid

Epaul said:
I rang yesterday and got through after 5 mins so have to go to the centre in Splott (due to my job) We put about 30 people forward in our dept in work(VoG) on Wednesday, they all struggled to get through on the hotline to book an appointment but had no prob booking them yesterday, it seems after the initial difficulties it's starting to iron itself out, I'm sure it'll all start to get a bit rapid

Ah interesting. What hotline did you ring? I am still under the impression that you have to wait to be contacted by the NHS before you can make your appointment. Is that right? My in-laws live in Killay and as I said they have heard nothing yet

Looks like it's progressing a bit now. My in-laws (mid 80's & early 90's) were both vaccinated last week & a work colleagues Mum also had the vaccine last week

Manselton Jack said:
Looks like it's progressing a bit now. My in-laws (mid 80's & early 90's) were both vaccinated last week & a work colleagues Mum also had the vaccine last week

Were they contacted by the NHS and invited for their jabs?

legoman said:
Manselton Jack said:

Were they contacted by the NHS and invited for their jabs?

They were contacted by the GP's

legoman said:
Epaul said:

Ah interesting. What hotline did you ring? I am still under the impression that you have to wait to be contacted by the NHS before you can make your appointment. Is that right? My in-laws live in Killay and as I said they have heard nothing yet

It's the one in Splott (due to where I live) I was identified for it due to my work role with the VoG council, they put me forward as I come into contact with elderly and vunerable people due to the many sites I have to visit

Epaul said:
legoman said:

It's the one in Splott (due to where I live) I was identified for it due to my work role with the VoG council, they put me forward as I come into contact with elderly and vunerable people due to the many sites I have to visit

Ok thanks for that. Just want to make sure we weren't missing anything. Keep safe!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55704017

Unbelievable comments by Drakeford. Surely the aim is to get it in as many arms as possible as quickly as possible?

On Monday, Mr Drakeford told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the supply of the Pfizer vaccine had to last until February and was not being used all at once [they've used about half of their 327k delivered doses].

"There will be no point, and certainly it will be logistically very damaging, to try to use all of that in the first week and then to have all our vaccinators standing around with nothing to do for another month," he said.

"The sensible thing to do is to use the vaccine you've got over the period that you've got it for so that your system can absorb it, they can go on working, that you don't have people standing around with nothing to do."

MD and Kirstys comments this morning have only baffled and angered the welsh public, and in some cases maybe panicked, a total shambles at a crucial time.
get back in the shed you plonker

LeonWasTheDog's said:

Unbelievable comments by Drakeford. Surely the aim is to get it in as many arms as possible as quickly as possible?

On Monday, Mr Drakeford told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the supply of the Pfizer vaccine had to last until February and was not being used all at once [they've used about half of their 327k delivered doses].

"There will be no point, and certainly it will be logistically very damaging, to try to use all of that in the first week and then to have all our vaccinators standing around with nothing to do for another month," he said.

"The sensible thing to do is to use the vaccine you've got over the period that you've got it for so that your system can absorb it, they can go on working, that you don't have people standing around with nothing to do."

But aren't they standing around 'doing nothing' if he just plonks his fat arse on the vaccines anyway? Meanwhile people that could be vaccinated remain at risk. That sounds mental.

monmouth said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

But aren't they standing around 'doing nothing' if he just plonks his fat arse on the vaccines anyway? Meanwhile people that could be vaccinated remain at risk. That sounds mental.

A sprinkling of doing nothing across the whole period rather than all at the end. Bonkers isn't it.

Why is Andrew RT Davies always on? He stepped down I thought?
But then that Paul Davies is no opposition to Drakeford

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back