• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We are masters

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Of the pointless pass, there are passes we don't need to make, yet we play it anyway, Grimes and Downes like to boost their "stats" too much, when a pass forward is on, they decide against it and do their thing, and the forward passes they do make are literally sideways forward, boosting and padding up their stats making it look like they're world beaters.. I'm sure there's a word for it, but it's not coming to me

Madness?

The number of passes we don’t make that could be made earlier to players in space is infuriating.

FFS I expected you to be a bit more cheerful this weekend given your good fortune, Skip :lol:

BLAZE said:
FFS I expected you to be a bit more cheerful this weekend given your good fortune, Skip :lol:

It's bloody infuriating, they've got all the tools but they've got this attitude about their stats being the number one priority, I think Martin lauds it all an all.. at least Fisher actually made a few saves..

Our promotion winning team never played the way we do, Pratley would drive forward with purpose and intent, even Mark Gower would play a ball over the top into the forward players with ease, Ashley Williams would switch it when it was actually on, we had players who would go past people, we're playing Wolf all wrong an all, he's not a maurauding winger.. Britton would find space with ease, always two steps ahead of the opposition, Grimes and Downes are nowhere near him.. they are masquerading impostors

Anyway rant over, I've had worse weeks

Right after Boro scored and until about the 70th minute or so there was a telling change to our tempo and the way that we passed the ball with real forward intent. Really the Boro subs at the time was a masterstroke as it killed the speed of the game for about a minute or so and allowed Boro to recover their composure.

I am still convinced that we don't need to play both 3 central defenders and two holding midfielders at the same time. Will be a very interesting summer coming up that's for sure.

The pass to the forwards is either too slow, too late or doesn't happen at all.

Grimes needs a compass to show him which way forward is.

bakajack said:
Right after Boro scored and until about the 70th minute or so there was a telling change to our tempo and the way that we passed the ball with real forward intent. Really the Boro subs at the time was a masterstroke as it killed the speed of the game for about a minute or so and allowed Boro to recover their composure.

I am still convinced that we don't need to play both 3 central defenders and two holding midfielders at the same time. Will be a very interesting summer coming up that's for sure.

Boro were clever in the 2nd half an all, they exposed our weak spot between wing back and centre half, they played about six balls in behind and they should've really scored with a few of them

Skippyjack said:
bakajack said:

Boro were clever in the 2nd half an all, they exposed our weak spot between wing back and centre half, they played about six balls in behind and they should've really scored with a few of them
We hit the bar, Cabango missed a gilt edged chance with his head and we created several other excellent chances.
We could also have scored a few.
A 3-3 or 4-4 draw wouldn't have been amiss

STID2017 said:
Skippyjack said:
We hit the bar, Cabango missed a gilt edged chance with his head and we created several other excellent chances.
We could also have scored a few.
A 3-3 or 4-4 draw wouldn't have been amiss

There was a period in the match for about 5 minutes where it could've ended up 3-3.. what a bonkers 5 minutes it was

It's drives me crazy that we seemed to pass the ball around so slow, laboured and predictable right up until we conceded the goal.

Then all of a sudden it's like a completely different mind set. The ball is moving around much quicker, passing forward, turning in possession to try and break the lines. The players seem so much more fluid.

We get the goal and then have a good ten minutes and then it's back to the same old pointless passing. We seem to do this a lot.

If we started the way we did after the goal was conceded then we could be going a goal up and then start keeping possession. Drives me crazy

westside said:

Grimes was guilty many times yesterday of not playing a simple killer pass, instead chosing to pass it sideways or backwards.

Imagine how many goals Obafembi would score if the rest of the team actually played balls through that he makes runs for. I'd be tamping if i were him, and would be in their lugholes every single day, during training, meals, the games, travelling to games. I'd be telling them to f*ck Russ, play me in ffs.

Neath_Jack said:
westside said:

Grimes was guilty many times yesterday of not playing a simple killer pass, instead chosing to pass it sideways or backwards.

Imagine how many goals Obafembi would score if the rest of the team actually played balls through that he makes runs for. I'd be tamping if i were him, and would be in their lugholes every single day, during training, meals, the games, travelling to games. I'd be telling them to f*ck Russ, play me in ffs.

As I’ve said in the past 90% of the passes Grimes makes I could make and I’m being serious.

Darran said:
Neath_Jack said:

As I’ve said in the past 90% of the passes Grimes makes I could make and I’m being serious.

He sometimes makes me wonder whether he is more interested in his personal passing accuracy stats, than playing riskier killer balls, which I'm sure he is capable of doing.

Neath_Jack said:
Darran said:

He sometimes makes me wonder whether he is more interested in his personal passing accuracy stats, than playing riskier killer balls, which I'm sure he is capable of doing.

Absolutely they all count for the stat man.

Since when has Grimes ever considered the forward pass first? This is old news surely. Why can't we start games as if we were 1 nil down already? There's a clear shift change in mentality when we concede. Either that or treat each game like the scummers away.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back