• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We Haven't had a flag thread for a while

lucky_jack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Or a Welsh language one for that matter so let's combine the two

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-translation-sign-outside-town-20380441?fbclid=IwAR2Y800wU9f7kxxHtdA8nT8HB6ry2ILEfUOHcloYhF86OK6pY4i1TjZq2jY

Apt that this is posted today.
The act of union between Wales and England received the royal assent of Henry VIII on 14th April 1536.

The Act divided Wales into 13 counties, with much of the border territory being annexed to England despite being Welsh speaking.

The consequences of the act were;

* All administration in Wales was to be carried out in the English language and no one using the Welsh language 'shall have or enjoy any manner of office'.

* The modern borders of Wales were established.

* Wales elected members to the English Parliament; the first members took their seats in the Tudor Parliament in 1542.

* The Court of Great Sessions was introduced, a system particular to Wales. They met twice a year in each county, administering English law in the English language. Of its 217 judges in its 288 years of existence only 30 were Welshmen.

* Every county appointed a Sheriff and 9 offices of Justice of the Peace.

* The Welsh law of cyfran, which meant that all sons inherited equally, was abolished in favour of the English law of primogeniture, inheritance by the eldest son only.

It has been argued that the act's main intention was to gain control over the Marches and not to achieve political union. The changes were welcomed by the Welsh gentry, who recognised that they would be granted equality under the law with English citizens. However, the cultural impact on Wales was catastrophic and remains so to this day.

That's brilliant. The Mrs was in stitches about this yesterday, as was I once she'd translated it for me.

And in North Wales, use of the Union flag is condemned as being provocative: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1423524/Union-Jack-flag-sign-holiday-home-Purple-Bricks-Gwynedd-North-Wales

Butchers apron wouldn't wipe my arse with it......hang on yes I suppose I would as that's all it's good for

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back