• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh government ministers enjoy chauffeured trips from home to work ...

Ironically the Tories are probably doing the same, I doubt they are traveling back and forth their ministerial duties in a Fiat Panda!
There’s no probably about it. All ministers in all countries in all governments of the UK and all over the world use ministerial cars. England, Scotland, Wales, NI, Labour, Tory, SNP and any other party you care to mention that has government ministers. That’s why this is such a pathetic non story.

There’s no probably about it. All ministers in all countries in all governments of the UK and all over the world use ministerial cars. England, Scotland, Wales, NI, Labour, Tory, SNP and any other party you care to mention that has government ministers. That’s why this is such a pathetic non story.
Even the monster raving loonies party? :p

What I find interesting about all this, is WOL reporting towards the Welsh Government now, it's been quite noticeable lately, a good few negative articles from WOL about the ministers at Welsh Government.

Over the years, WAG have been ferking up left, right and centre, yet WOL seemed totally in favour of their decisions when reporting, yet ever since Drakeford resigned not so!

They need to dig deeper at WOL, Jac o' the North, has doing pretty good articles about the WAG.

What I find interesting about all this, is WOL reporting towards the Welsh Government now, it's been quite noticeable lately, a good few negative articles from WOL about the ministers at Welsh Government.

Over the years, WAG have been ferking up left, right and centre, yet WOL seemed totally in favour of their decisions when reporting, yet ever since Drakeford resigned not so!

They need to dig deeper at WOL, Jac o' the North, has doing pretty good articles about the WAG.
They've certainly changed their attitude towards them. Every government should be held to account by the same standards.

It's pleasing to see these type of articles being published, whether you think they are nonsense or not.

Nothing wrong with scrutiny, more of it we need regardless of who you intend to vote for. A bit more press scrutiny of the uk government may have meant that the country isn’t in the abject mess they’ve got it in. But if you’re gonna do scrutiny, do it properly. This is nothing nonsense in the week that the first minister lost a confidence vote in the Senedd yet hasn’t resigned. If you want to scrutinise something, scrutinise that.

Nothing wrong with scrutiny, more of it we need regardless of who you intend to vote for. A bit more press scrutiny of the uk government may have meant that the country isn’t in the abject mess they’ve got it in. But if you’re gonna do scrutiny, do it properly. This is nothing nonsense in the week that the first minister lost a confidence vote in the Senedd yet hasn’t resigned. If you want to scrutinise something, scrutinise that.
WalesOnline struggle to write a coherent sentence, this article is about as good it will get with them.

Agreed that Gething and his stance since the confidence vote needs more traction on it. It is quite telling two members of the party hide behind being off on the sick.

How dare you, disgraceful decision. Why didn't you phone Yellow cabs?
Used to use Yellow Cabs. It's Uber for me now though, prices varies depending on what they call "surges", but are still cheaper than the other cab firms, when demand is low (which is most of the time) the savings are quite eye watering. Plus you never have to wait very long once your journey has been accepted, usually a few minutes.

This is a poor article by Walesonline. As has been said, Government ministers in almost every country
Totally agree with you, my point is if this story was about the Tories, one or two on here would be up in arms about it.
And if you think it’s any different in Westminster (where we have a Conservative government) you’re deluded.

It’s a ridiculously poor article by the Walesonline. I don’t like Vaughan Gething and would rather he weren’t the FM, but it’s bonkers to expect him and the other Cabinet leads to travel independently. Politicians can be targets - the Danish PM was attacked while walking on a Copenhagen Street yesterday, VG is deeply unpopular, so he’ll potentially be at risk when he’s out and about. His driver will be well trained, he’ll likely have police protection and other support. That’s more easily managed if he’s in a car with properly trained staff.

A couple of years ago Braverman took a chinook for a 19m road trip from Dover to Manston, I think that’s a bit OTT - but I wouldn’t criticise Rishi Sunak for flying to Leeds instead of car or train which he did a few weeks ago. The security risks, inconvenience to other travels is justification for it. Where the governments can improve is getting prominent politicians to share a ride - Sunak and Cameron took separate private jets to Cop 27 - King Charles also had his own plane. There’s no reason why Cameron and Sunak couldn’t go together.

This is a poor article by Walesonline. As has been said, Government ministers in almost every country

And if you think it’s any different in Westminster (where we have a Conservative government) you’re deluded.

It’s a ridiculously poor article by the Walesonline. I don’t like Vaughan Gething and would rather he weren’t the FM, but it’s bonkers to expect him and the other Cabinet leads to travel independently. Politicians can be targets - the Danish PM was attacked while walking on a Copenhagen Street yesterday, VG is deeply unpopular, so he’ll potentially be at risk when he’s out and about. His driver will be well trained, he’ll likely have police protection and other support. That’s more easily managed if he’s in a car with properly trained staff.

A couple of years ago Braverman took a chinook for a 19m road trip from Dover to Manston, I think that’s a bit OTT - but I wouldn’t criticise Rishi Sunak for flying to Leeds instead of car or train which he did a few weeks ago. The security risks, inconvenience to other travels is justification for it. Where the governments can improve is getting prominent politicians to share a ride - Sunak and Cameron took separate private jets to Cop 27 - King Charles also had his own plane. There’s no reason why Cameron and Sunak couldn’t go together.
All I'm pointing out is the reaction would be slightly different if this article was aimed at the Welsh Tories. I'm not so sure people would be as quick to defend.

It would also seem Gethings recent trip to India to see the fella that was in the UK the previous week has literally flown under the radar.

The part about going from their home to the Senedd, does need questioning, It's just an expensive taxi service if that is the case. Surely they can't justify the cost? Like how can they sit in the house without security, yet if they want to go to work, they need security?, surely if there was a real threat, they would be guarded 24/7

The part about going from their home to the Senedd, does need questioning, It's just an expensive taxi service if that is the case. Surely they can't justify the cost? Like how can they sit in the house without security, yet if they want to go to work, they need security?, surely if there was a real threat, they would be guarded 24/7
Not really, they’re equally at risk from their home address to work, do you think the likes of Cameron, Sunak etc don’t have security from their home address to work, it’s the same with the royals. Everything is risk assessed and their houses will be very secure. A mate of mine is ex forces and he does a fair bit of private protection work.

Not really, they’re equally at risk from their home address to work, do you think the likes of Cameron, Sunak etc don’t have security from their home address to work, it’s the same with the royals. Everything is risk assessed and their houses will be very secure. A mate of mine is ex forces and he does a fair bit of private protection work.
Yeah, I would definitely expect the leading members of the UK government to have security, but not so much the WAG, like if they need it at the WAG, well maybe local councillors need it as well.

Hmm makes me think, like Drakeford IMO, one of the most hated men in Wales, the last few years, obviously he is out of office now, but I wonder how he manages, doubt he pays a private security firm when he goes out, not so much fear of being attacked, but people telling him what they think of him, it's all fresh in peoples minds at the moment, what do you do when you have made a complete pigs ear of running the country, the majority hate you, only one thing I would do in his position, move abroad.

Yeah, I would definitely expect the leading members of the UK government to have security, but not so much the WAG, like if they need it at the WAG, well maybe local councillors need it as well.

Hmm makes me think, like Drakeford IMO, one of the most hated men in Wales, the last few years, obviously he is out of office now, but I wonder how he manages, doubt he pays a private security firm when he goes out, not so much fear of being attacked, but people telling him what they think of him, it's all fresh in peoples minds at the moment, what do you do when you have made a complete pigs ear of running the country, the majority hate you, only one thing I would do in his position, move abroad.
He’s still an AM and represents Ely in the Senedd, the only change is he’s no longer the agree Minister. I suspect he’ll still have some police protection if there’s a specific threat or he’s going somewhere that’s riskier.

You make a comment about councillors, I dare say there have been instances where councillors have been threatened in Wales. There was an article in one of the nationals about a councillor somewhere up in England who’s had 2 cars torched.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back