• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh government ministers enjoy chauffeured trips from home to work ...

He’s still an AM and represents Ely in the Senedd, the only change is he’s no longer the agree Minister. I suspect he’ll still have some police protection if there’s a specific threat or he’s going somewhere that’s riskier.

You make a comment about councillors, I dare say there have been instances where councillors have been threatened in Wales. There was an article in one of the nationals about a councillor somewhere up in England who’s had 2 cars torched.
Oh right, I didn't know that, he was still in politics. It's a shame he has to have police protection, I love to moan about Drakers, but once he's going on to his normal life, as in not in work.. Needs to be left alone, I think if I bumped into him, the worst I would do is say something like ' why did you raise the price of alcohol per unit in Wales. and give it all back to the retailer? Just to get it off my chest, completely pointless I know.

There are many many things to get angry at governments about. This isn’t even on the list.

Yeah, I would definitely expect the leading members of the UK government to have security, but not so much the WAG, like if they need it at the WAG, well maybe local councillors need it as well.

Hmm makes me think, like Drakeford IMO, one of the most hated men in Wales, the last few years, obviously he is out of office now, but I wonder how he manages, doubt he pays a private security firm when he goes out, not so much fear of being attacked, but people telling him what they think of him, it's all fresh in peoples minds at the moment, what do you do when you have made a complete pigs ear of running the country, the majority hate you, only one thing I would do in his position, move abroad.
He’s not really “one of the most hated men in Wales” though is he. Only in your echo chamber bubble.

If he were being chauffeured from his home to the chippy, then fair enough. Even the mayor of Swansea gets driven around on official engagements, for goodness' sake.
This popped up again because of today’s drama. You’re spot on. There were plenty of issues under Gethin, but using ministerial cars wasn’t one of them. Some people are so desperate they’ll look for any little thing. Better to focus on him not being able to lead his party and govern effectively.

Now if it was a helicopter to do a short hop that could be done by car/rail, that would be a different thing.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back