• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh Independence Thread

JustJack

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
The movement for independence (YesCymru) is slowly starting to grow into the public eye, more so than just the small pocket of campaigners of the past.

Personally, im currently right down the middle and open to what both sides argue

Theres no question of the hardships it would initially bring, but would those means be worth the ultimate ends?

Its more than fervent nationalism and just sticking it to the Saes.

Maybe some kind of referendum in 2024 will be on the cards, in addition for Plaid support in Parliament, thats how these things usually go.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/rise-yes-cymru-people-joining-19231641

JustJack said:
The movement for independence (YesCymru) is slowly starting to grow into the public eye, more so than just the small pocket of campaigners of the past.

Personally, im currently right down the middle and open to what both sides argue

Theres no question of the hardships it would initially bring, but would those means be worth the ultimate ends?

Maybe some kind of referendum in 2024 will be on the cards, in addition for Plaid support in Parliament, thats how these things usually go.

I think personally the incompetence of the UK government will be the one thing that leads to this rather than the benefits for Wales itself.

As Bumbling Boris gets worse and worse every day people's thoughts turn to "it couldn't be worse surely" than "it will definitely be better"

And that feels dangerous in itself for the long term?

I never thought I would be in favour of it, but if it worked ok for Scotland I think Wales might go for it , depends if it looks like endless Tory governments , Scotland would be the blueprint

It’s inevitable and us bound to happen at some point. Won’t be within many of our lifetimes but it will happen.

PSumbler said:
JustJack said:

I think personally the incompetence of the UK government will be the one thing that leads to this rather than the benefits for Wales itself.

As Bumbling Boris gets worse and worse every day people's thoughts turn to "it couldn't be worse surely" than "it will definitely be better"

And that feels dangerous in itself for the long term?

But with that often the key ingredient is a 'cult of personality' effect on the opposite side.

Plaid Cymru are severely depressed in this department

exiledclaseboy said:
It’s inevitable and us bound to happen at some point. Won’t be within many of our lifetimes but it will happen.

The presence of devolution has been stark this year

The direct contrast, and visibility of Drakeford and Johnson on opposite sides, in recent months, has sparked a curiousity in some.

To all extents of purposes they have acted like leaders of different independent sovereign nations.

I don't know what the next big step in Devolution is, before it becomes logical to go the full hog, complete taxation control?

https://twitter.com/Plaid_Cymru/status/1332110817811161090

From QT this week

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1332108149642366977

What do Scotland and Wales expect to use for currency, leeks and Tennants Super?

Funnily enough I was talking about this on twitter yesterday,It’s all the Welshy twats that get to me.
They’ve got all the answers but none of them really know anything.
It’s rather like a Jehovah’s Witness telling you about the Promised Land,they’re talking shit too and have absolutely no proof it exists.

Has anyone got a link to anything that provides the full case for independence?

Who’s the 16 year old that everyone thinks is Owain Glyndwr reincarnated}
He blocked me on twitter for saying he should be down the local park with a flagon of bow getting his leg over instead of worrying about shit like this.
He’s a bit of an expert on the Rona too apparently.
Sad twat. :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back