• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh Independence Thread

Cardiffjack said:
Ebo said:
The penny will drop with some of them once the EU subsidies are gone and the Westminster English Nats try to power grab the devolved nations.

What eu subsidies ?

Have you been in a cave since the 70's?

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-farm-subsidies-post-brexit-plan/

Do you really think the govt will keep their promise over this?

Welsh farmers sell only 5% of their beef in the UK, over 55% to the EU, and the remaining 40% to the rest of the world. With tariffs on exports, no one in the EU will touch our beef with a bargepole. This will force prices up in the UK and jobs will be lost. Farmers are not happy about it at all.

In 2017, Wales exported £107 million of meat around the world and the total value of all Welsh exports to the EU in 2018 was £17.2 billion.

Ebo said:
Cardiffjack said:
What eu subsidies ?

Welsh farmers sell only 5% of their beef in the UK, over 55% to the EU, and the remaining 40% to the rest of the world. With tariffs on exports, no one in the EU will touch our beef with a bargepole. This will force prices up in the UK and jobs will be lost. Farmers are not happy about it at all.

In 2017, Wales exported £107 million of meat around the world and the total value of all Welsh exports to the EU in 2018 was £17.2 billion.

Oh you mean the money that the U.K. sends to Brussels and then gets some of it back.
Tariffs work both ways, if the Europeans won’t touch our beef, then surely we won’t be touching their products.

So are you happy for Wales to leave the U.K., but rejoin the eu ?

Cardiffjack said:
Ebo said:

Oh you mean the money that the U.K. sends to Brussels and then gets some of it back.
Tariffs work both ways, if the Europeans won’t touch our beef, then surely we won’t be touching their products.

So we will have a mass surplus of beef we cannot sell even in our own country because prices will be too high. Supermarkets would want it as cheap as possible which would ruin our farmers, not just beef but lamb, pork and poultry.

We do not produce enough food as it is in the UK and rely on a lot of imports from the EU, hence why a deal is vital. No Deal and we are screwed.

As for re-joining the EU, what I can see so far is that there are indy supporters for and against re-joining. If it came so then we could democratically have a national vote on it. This time though after the fallout of Brexit with jobs lost, the outcome would be very different.

Ebo said:
Cardiffjack said:

So we will have a mass surplus of beef we cannot sell even in our own country because prices will be too high. Supermarkets would want it as cheap as possible which would ruin our farmers, not just beef but lamb, pork and poultry.

We do not produce enough food as it is in the UK and rely on a lot of imports from the EU, hence why a deal is vital. No Deal and we are screwed.

As for re-joining the EU, what I can see so far is that there are indy supporters for and against re-joining. If it came so then we could democratically have a national vote on it. This time though after the fallout of Brexit with jobs lost, the outcome would be very different.

I haven’t heard so much nonsense in a long time. Even without a deal, the Spanish will still be desperate to sell their fruit in the U.K..etc.

It’s a bit rich mentioning the word “democratically” , when the U.K. and the Welsh people voted to leave the Frankenstein project just over 4 years ago, and I haven’t met one Welsh person who has changed their minds on leaving.

Project fear failed and I’d imagine you’ll never see Welsh independence in your lifetime that’s for sure.

Cardiffjack said:
Ebo said:

I haven’t heard so much nonsense in a long time. Even without a deal, the Spanish will still be desperate to sell their fruit in the U.K..etc.

It’s a bit rich mentioning the word “democratically” , when the U.K. and the Welsh people voted to leave the Frankenstein project just over 4 years ago, and I haven’t met one Welsh person who has changed their minds on leaving.

Project fear failed and I’d imagine you’ll never see Welsh independence in your lifetime that’s for sure.

It’s not project fear it’s project “here”.

You have zero knowledge of the impact a no deal Brexit would wreck on the country.

When people talk about unelected, faceless bureaucrats in Brussels, they're gonna throw a fit when the meet the WTO.

Given from where you live you’ve probably talked to 5 people, all Tory’s who think this grand plan will benefit them. I know several people including work colleagues who are bricking it if it’s no deal. They voted to leave but don’t want it anymore. They have seen what the damage will be.

You’re an idiot.

Ebo said:
Cardiffjack said:

You have zero knowledge of the impact a no deal Brexit would wreck on the country.

When people talk about unelected, faceless bureaucrats in Brussels, they're gonna throw a fit when the meet the WTO.

Given from where you live you’ve probably talked to 5 people, all Tory’s who think this grand plan will benefit them. I know several people including work colleagues who are bricking it if it’s no deal. They voted to leave but don’t want it anymore. They have seen what the damage will be.

You’re an idiot.
So everyone you know who voted leave, has now changed their mind lol 😂 yeah ok.

It also seems that you don’t want Welsh independence, but want Wales to remain in the Frankenstein project, which isn’t independence at all.

Personally I think the U.K. will thrive outside of the eu and the difference between you and I ,is that you watch to much of the bbc.

Cardiffjack said:
Ebo said:

You’re an idiot.

It also seems that you don’t want Welsh independence, but want Wales to remain in the Frankenstein project, which isn’t independence at all.

Personally I think the U.K. will thrive outside of the eu and the difference between you and I ,is that you watch to much of the bbc.

Ah the BBC bingo card, didn't take long, did it?

Tell me Einstein, your encyclopedic knowledge of WTO rules? Not even the government know them!

An independent Wales in or out of the EU would be better than a Wales shackled to a dying nation that seeks to power grab to keep them strong.

When jobs are lost in the near future and lives ruined, the electorate will take it out on the unionist parties. Labour and Tories are losing ground already due to the pandemic.

I don't want a vote in 5 years, it is way too soon. We are looking at 10 years at least.

Ebo said:
Cardiffjack said:

Tell me Einstein, your encyclopedic knowledge of WTO rules? Not even the government know them!

An independent Wales in or out of the EU would be better than a Wales shackled to a dying nation that seeks to power grab to keep them strong.

When jobs are lost in the near future and lives ruined, the electorate will take it out on the unionist parties. Labour and Tories are losing ground already due to the pandemic.

I don't want a vote in 5 years, it is way too soon. We are looking at 10 years at least.

In ten years time there’s every chance that the U.K. will be thriving and the eu will be struggling,that’s what the eu are terrified of, after all why else won’t they offer the U.K. a trade deal based just on trade, without their insistence on interfering in the U.K. internal affairs, because they fear independence for the U.K. will be a success, and the ramifications a successful U.K. will bring, possibly having a domino effect.....the end result, the end of the Frankenstein project as we know it.

Cardiffjack said:
Ebo said:

In ten years time there’s every chance that the U.K. will be thriving and the eu will be struggling,that’s what the eu are terrified of, after all why else won’t they offer the U.K. a trade deal based just on trade, without their insistence on interfering in the U.K. internal affairs, because they fear independence for the U.K. will be a success, and the ramifications a successful U.K. will bring, possibly having a domino effect.....the end result, the end of the Frankenstein project as we know it.

In ten years' time the EU will still be trading freely with at least 26 member states whilst we will be struggling to get deals done under WTO. If you think Brussels is undemocratic wait until you see the WTO. To get one deal one it takes several countries to agree to it. This govt can't even get one deal done with their closest neighbours.

Ebo said:
Cardiffjack said:

In ten years' time the EU will still be trading freely with at least 26 member states whilst we will be struggling to get deals done under WTO. If you think Brussels is undemocratic wait until you see the WTO. To get one deal one it takes several countries to agree to it. This govt can't even get one deal done with their closest neighbours.

Ah so we finally arrive at what you really are. Not someone who supports Welsh independence, but someone who wants to be part of the eu. Wales rejected the eu in 2016.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back