• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What’s your favourite curry?

Cooperman said:
If I’m dining out at our local Indian then it’s a mixed tandoori balti made to madras heat, the mix of chicken tikka and tandoori chicken is superb. If it’s a takeaway then I will generally go with a chicken jalfrezi. Hotter generally equals better, I’ve got a mate who sometimes orders us a phall but I need a side of tarka dhal to make it manageable.

I'm with Cooperman here, chicken tikka balti, madras hot, chicken tikka biryani with a madras sauce, chips, naan/keema naan, pompadoms, usually from the Curry Pot

Darran said:
KrunchyKarrot said:
South Indian garlic chilli chicken or Chicken Chemelli or a nice Dhansak. I have to tavel to Bombay Spice inPort Talbot for a nice takeaway as everyone in Neath is poor. Havent been for a sit in yet, because of weather not C19.

Zafran in Cimla is good.

Thanks, I have tried Zafran but it is hit and miss so i gave in going, Skewen is better. As for the Cinamon i havent tried it yet. Been going to the Anarkali for more years than i can remember and the Grand Sultan has been very good. But during shutdown we were using the Bombay Spice once a week in work and up to 10 of us were ordering. I cant remember any complaints and everyone was converted.Try it out.

On a side note if you want a treat just book Veerswamys in London next time youre in the smoke, you will not be disapointed.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Darran said:
Zafran in Cimla is good.

Thanks, I have tried Zafran but it is hit and miss so i gave in going, Skewen is better. As for the Cinamon i havent tried it yet. Been going to the Anarkali for more years than i can remember and the Grand Sultan has been very good. But during shutdown we were using the Bombay Spice once a week in work and up to 10 of us were ordering. I cant remember any complaints and everyone was converted.Try it out.

On a side note if you want a treat just book Veerswamys in London next time youre in the smoke, you will not be disapointed.

We go to the Cinnamon Kitchen down Aberavon Beach every Sunday and I loves it.

Darran said:
Costello said:
What happened to the Mumbai??

It’s easier and closer for Amy to go to the Cinnamon because she’s struggling with her health.

Fair enough mate - best wishes to her :thumbsup:

Darran said:
Costello said:
What happened to the Mumbai??

It’s easier and closer for Amy to go to the Cinnamon because she’s struggling with her health.

Been to the Mumbai for the buffet and found it to be one of the best, but shoot me for saying it but i find the dishes and spiced the same so stopped going to buffet.

Just been for a curry down at Cinnamon kitchen, Aberavon, superb from start to finish. 10/10👍

The one I had in Silk Route Lodge in the Hunza Valley, Pakistan, 2009. Most tasty curry by a country mile. It doesn’t matter what it was called, as the two or three dishes on the menu varied every night depending on what they’d been able to buy. I’d describe it as half way between a rogan Josh and a jalfrezi. Bloody lush it was.

Jalfrezi is my go to. I love garlic and chillis. I’ll order other stuff, but always have jalfrezi at a new restaurant to see if they pass the test.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Darran said:

Been to the Mumbai for the buffet and found it to be one of the best, but shoot me for saying it but i find the dishes and spiced the same so stopped going to buffet.

It’s my local (ish), but I haven’t been for a while. Food wise it’s nothing special (but plenty good enough) but they’re a good bunch and I always enjoy going.

Anarkali has always been good whenever I used to go, although I’m not sure whether the still are. The Patti Raj always used to do decent food too (horrible space though), but they seem to have turned into something else now.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

It’s my local (ish), but I haven’t been for a while. Food wise it’s nothing special (but plenty good enough) but they’re a good bunch and I always enjoy going.

Anarkali has always been good whenever I used to go, although I’m not sure whether the still are. The Patti Raj always used to do decent food too (horrible space though), but they seem to have turned into something else now.
Has the Mumbai reopened after the fire?

LeonWasTheDog's said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Patti Raj had been raided by immigration a few times, once when a mate of mine was in there :shock:
I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did, even though the food was apparently very nice.

I used to like Viceroy of India. It suddenly closed a few years before lockdown sadly. Immigration were in there a few times too.

My fave curry at the moment is Paneer Masala and it is super easy to make at home.

Recipe:

For the Masala
  • 3 large Onions roughly chopped
    1 tsp Ginger and 1 tsp garlic (use the puree it is easier and quicker)
    1.5 tsp Jeera seeds (Cumin seeds)
    1.5 tsp Garam Masala
    1.5 tsp Turmeric
    3 tbs vegetable oil
    Chillies (choose any of your choice and as much as you like for desired heat level)
    Tomatoes (A can of plain chopped ones or if you have time you can use a few large fresh tomatoes)
    1 Lemon
    Coriander

Heat the oil with the cumin seeds in a large pan and once the seeds start to sizzle add in your ginger and garlic, cook for a minute then add roughly chopped onions. Cook the onions so that they just about caramelize. Add in your tomatoes and turn the heat down a little, add a little water too and cook this off. Let the onions and tomatoes cool then transfer into a food blender or if you prefer use a stick blender so that the onions and the tomatoes become a textured puree.

If you used a food blender, add the mixture back to the pan and add the Garam Masala, Turmeric and your chillies and cook on a low heat adding a little water (keep the sauce thick to serve). Add in chopped coriander and squeeze half a lemon into the sauce. Garnish with more coriander when serving.

You can add anything you like to this Masala which is what the Indians call a 'gravy'. Chicken, beef, veg or Paneer.

How to make Paneer

This is very easy and it is basically like a Ricotta cheese but a lot smoother and creamier.

Get a large 4 pinter of full fat milk and add it to a large saucepan. Bring very very gently to a boil but do not let it boil over, rather just a gentle simmer. When it has boiled, turn off heat and add in the juice of one lemon and stir very slow so that the curds float to the top. The lemon will separate the liquids and the solids so when it has all separated get a collander with some muslin cloth over it and pour the liquid through it catching all the curds. Wrap the cloth around the paneer tightly and put a weight on top of it to extract any liquid out of it. Leave for 30 mins then transfer to the fridge for a few hours. You should have a tasty wheel shaped piece of paneer which will go lovely into the masala recipe above.

Last Sunday I had Tandoori Salmon and a side of pathia sauce which I poured over the top.
It was absolutely f*cking immense.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back