• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What a strange day...

Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:
It's really strange and I cannot put my finger on why I feel this way.

The same would equally apply if we'd won yesterday.

It’s because we’ve been there for 7 seasons and it’s not what it’s cracked up to be.

Last time it was about playing the big teams and in big grounds. We’ve done them all so often now you’re only left with the reality of hoping not to lose every week.

In some ways I’m quite looking forward to watching Brentford’s virgin season. It will be very exciting for them. I hope they savour it rather than worrying about ‘the next level’.

Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:

It’s because we’ve been there for 7 seasons and it’s not what it’s cracked up to be.

Last time it was about playing the big teams and in big grounds. We’ve done them all so often now you’re only left with the reality of hoping not to lose every week.

That is part of it. I want my club to be recognised in with the best, but as a supporter I want enjoyment as part of a match day. Unfortunately we are light years away. Let's get that back before thinking of promotion. Then never say never ;)

monmouth said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

In some ways I’m quite looking forward to watching Brentford’s virgin season. It will be very exciting for them. I hope they savour it rather than worrying about ‘the next level’.

I quite honestly will look forward to them being spanked every week. I’m not bitter they beat us but they are a team of cheats. There is less rolling around in la Liga than there was from them yesterday. I won’t be sorry to not have to watch Ayew doing it either. If he hadn’t tried to blag a penalty yesterday they may not have scored the second goal.

3swan said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

That is part of it. I want my club to be recognised in with the best, but as a supporter I want enjoyment as part of a match day. Unfortunately we are light years away. Let's get that back before thinking of promotion. Then never say never ;)

Us in the premier league next year would have been weeks hoping not to lose 5 nil at home to Southampton let alone away at Man City.

Like everyone else , I thought we would lose yesterday so not too disappointed there and to be honest we were beaten by the much better side, but like a lot of posters have said we have been there once and to be honest it's not all it's cracked up to be. Average players demanding mega wages and greedy agents swallow up a lot of the money earned being there, but being in the Premier league puts the club and the City on the map and gets people coming to Swansea that otherwise may not visit.

Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:

If we had maintained our "ethos" we would have stayed competitive and not been whipping boys...all somewhat academic now though.

DJack said:
If we had maintained our "ethos" we would have stayed competitive

This. So much this.

The wheels fell off when we stopped doing what got us there in the first place and started copying everyone else. There was nothing inevitable about our decline and fall. It was entirely self inflicted.

Strange wasn't it, left Wembley just before final whistle, got over it by time got back to the pub (30 mins). Really didn't fancy a season of getting spanked week in week out, of course would love to be in the prem for the cash side of it for the club, but happy enough for us to continue in the toughest league in the world next season.
We've been there, seen it, done it, got the video, read the book etc etc...........

People saying they would of been happy for us to get to the prem for the cash side of it... Why? The squad would of seen very little of that money with most of it going to the 27 share holders. I'm glad we didn't go up because that meant they didn't get a penny from it.

As stated earlier, the "ow dear, never mind" feeling at the end was in stark contrast to the defeats by Northampton and Barnsley.
Didn't watch the presentation but wasn't bothered by sering Brentford and their supporters celebrating.
Never had the feeling " that should be me celebrating"
Unlike others, I was looking forward to the opportunity to see us in the Premier League, but since we beat Norwich those expectations have eroded anyway

Nocountryforoldjack said:
People saying they would of been happy for us to get to the prem for the cash side of it... Why? The squad would of seen very little of that money with most of it going to the 27 share holders. I'm glad we didn't go up because that meant they didn't get a penny from it.

I doubt if much would have gone into the squad but some of it would. Main thought about the financial gain is that hopefully any loans would have been repaid.

Saturday was definitely a strange day. In the build up to the day I wasn't that fussed on it, the day itself I wanted us to win and nerves did kick in before kick off

I didnt see the final whistle, I heard it as I departed the ground and I was over the defeat by the time the car had got away from Wembley. The football has largely been unenjoyable for the last two seasons and to see a team of players not turn up for one of the biggest games most of them will ever play just sums up what is wrong with football. There are very few people within our team I would shed a tear if they left tomorrow and we go again next season with whatever we have available.

We remain the one constant here

PSumbler said:
Saturday was definitely a strange day. In the build up to the day I wasn't that fussed on it, the day itself I wanted us to win and nerves did kick in before kick off

I didnt see the final whistle, I heard it as I departed the ground and I was over the defeat by the time the car had got away from Wembley. The football has largely been unenjoyable for the last two seasons and to see a team of players not turn up for one of the biggest games most of them will ever play just sums up what is wrong with football. There are very few people within our team I would shed a tear if they left tomorrow and we go again next season with whatever we have available.

Your last comment sums it up. Over the years at season end there is always a few players you want to stay and build on. I think this is the lowest amount of players I could mention. I'm sure I'd be giving some a disservice as some individual performances could be down to restrictive tactics.

3swan said:
PSumbler said:

Your last comment sums it up. Over the years at season end there is always a few players you want to stay and build on. I think this is the lowest amount of players I could mention. I'm sure I'd be giving some a disservice as some individual performances could be down to restrictive tactics.

It's possible but almost to a man on Saturday none of them looked as if they wanted to win. There was a feeling of us going through the motions

PSumbler said:
3swan said:

It's possible but almost to a man on Saturday none of them looked as if they wanted to win. There was a feeling of us going through the motions

We never for even one minute looked like we had any intention of trying to win.

Scooby is wrong on the other thread. I don't think there was anyone that shared a shred of Cardiff's 2010 hurt or had a bad journey back. Certainly no one I spoke to on the way out seemed in the least put out.

The manager and the team really did suck all the life and passion and joy out of all of us. I'd like us to rebuild around the three Welsh boys and happy for Lowe and Grimes and Fulton to hang around. The rest can do one as far as I care. Starting with that sackless gormless manager and that whang of a goalkeeper.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back