• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What a strange day...

PSumbler said:
3swan said:
Your last comment sums it up. Over the years at season end there is always a few players you want to stay and build on. I think this is the lowest amount of players I could mention. I'm sure I'd be giving some a disservice as some individual performances could be down to restrictive tactics.

It's possible but almost to a man on Saturday none of them looked as if they wanted to win. There was a feeling of us going through the motions

Whilst I agree with you it would have been a massive and pleasant surprise if we had played anything near a higher tempo and pressing game. It has always been about shape, the way I've described us many times this season is turning up for a kick around. Players seem to have been scared to gamble as it brakes away from the team shape. How many times have we allowed teams yards after drop into some semblance of shape.

If going up, even for one season, would be so wonderful financially, how come 7 seasons in the PL left us without a pot to piss in?

The 2nd tier is our natural home, isn't it?

Sherpa said:
If going up, even for one season, would be so wonderful financially, how come 7 seasons in the PL left us without a pot to piss in?

In my life our natural home has been lower than that!

The danger of the PL is in a longer stay. Quick relegation and yo yo is so much more financially rewarding before you have to pay all the leeches striving for the 'next level'. Brighton will implode at some point, and Burnley, and Palarse, and Leeds again, probably.

monmouth said:
PSumbler said:
It's possible but almost to a man on Saturday none of them looked as if they wanted to win. There was a feeling of us going through the motions

We never for even one minute looked like we had any intention of trying to win.

Scooby is wrong on the other thread. I don't think there was anyone that shared a shred of Cardiff's 2010 hurt or had a bad journey back. Certainly no one I spoke to on the way out seemed in the least put out.

The manager and the team really did suck all the life and passion and joy out of all of us. I'd like us to rebuild around the three Welsh boys and happy for Lowe and Grimes and Fulton to hang around. The rest can do one as far as I care. Starting with that sackless gormless manager and that whang of a goalkeeper.

I'm sure fans of other clubs will think we're just rationalising our disappointment, a footballing version of 'never fancied her/him anyway', but too many people are saying the exact same thing.

I was sat in front of a good quality stream on the day (thanks epaul), but turned it off just after Grimes could have been sent off. I realised there was no nerves, no excitement, no tension. Instead it was all just very 'meh'. I checked the score online every now and then, but just wasn't bothered.

I think Covid would be one cause for this apathy, but primarily it has to be the standard of football on show.

Sherpa said:

Because Jenkins handed the reins to Monk who destroyed our ethos and brought in massively overpriced and bog standard English style players on massively inflated wages. Once the majority of the side was grunt over guile we had neither good quality English style nor different continental approach that would collect point by playing football.
I see us being in the same position under Cooper but at a lower level.

Badlands said:
Sherpa said:

Because Jenkins handed the reins to Monk who destroyed our ethos and brought in massively overpriced and bog standard English style players on massively inflated wages. Once the majority of the side was grunt over guile we had neither good quality English style nor different continental approach that would collect point by playing football.

Can't blame Monk for the signings of Clucas, Ayew and Bony though. Think those deals did a large amount of the financial damage suffered after relegation.

JackSomething said:
Badlands said:

Can't blame Monk for the signings of Clucas, Ayew and Bony though. Think those deals did a large amount of the financial damage suffered after relegation.

Well you can if you’ve got your head up Jenkins arse like Badlands.

Darran said:
JackSomething said:

Well you can if you’ve got your head up Jenkins arse like Badlands.

Even if you want to blame everything that went wrong on Monk, surely the people who appointed him (interviewing nobody else) and approved his transfer choices were partially responsible?

JackSomething said:
Even if you want to blame everything that went wrong on Monk, surely the people who appointed him (interviewing nobody else) and approved his transfer choices were partially responsible?

It seemed to me that both Jenkins and Monk wanted to eradicate every last trace of Laudrup and anything he had done. Only speak english, only eat good old shit english food for good measure. But yes, the icing on our 'Go straight to footballing Hell' cake was spending the Sigurdsson money on a great big steaming pile of Clucas, a mouldy old Bony and a money obsessed failed Ayew.

Seemed like that at the time but then Pablo joined Monk at Leeds which I always though a strange one. Maybe Monk owed him one for his outstanding performance against the scum in his first match as manager. Spot on with the icing on the hell cake!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back