• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What is our major problem then?

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Stems from the captain or the coaching, or both, or individuals not knowing what to do?

I'm speechless!!!!!!

Mentality, it’s happened too many times now so the players have it in their heads

I said last season no one fears us, even if we go ahead by a goal or two or even bloody 3!!!!!

This style of football is flawed.

When we aren't overcomplicating our game at the back with suicidal passing, we do switch off mentally an awful lot. Watch the lack of hussle in the highlights at closing down the wide players in huge amounts of spade lobbing crosses in..I get we want to pack the middle but cut it off at source.

Don't even get me started on.our complete lack of ability, knowhow desire to counterattack. We either don't want to, or don't know how. Either way costs us every single game.

We don't have a different approach when we are winning by multiple goals. We stick to the same system playing a high line which is increasingly vulnerable when teams throw caution to the wind and push more players to chase.

This is on Martin; nobody else.

Some of the players are not good enough. The defence is shambolic.

Seen it so many times over the years in both the Premiership and Championship, we simply fade away in the second halves of games.
Never able to control a game from start to finish regardless of the opposition.

The Latibeaudiere miss was shocking. No idea why a professional footballer can't keep the ball down? Then there was the Obafemi chance, both easier to score than miss. As Dicky said, no one is scared of us, they know they'll get chances to score. It's just the manner of the way we give teams chances that is so frustrating. I got 12's at half time and 66's with 4 minutes to go on the draw. Could just see it happening after their weekend comeback.

JonTheJack said:
We don't have a different approach when we are winning by multiple goals.

Last night was because we switched to a different approach when we were ahead.

You can't play Fulton and Grimes in the same midfield. It's completely sacrificing any kind of dynamism or creativity when we do that, and once we made the change last night we stopped doing what had been working and started allowing ourselves to sit deeper and ramp up the pointless passing crap.

If Allen had to come off then Congreve could have come on and N'tcham moved inside. We could have kept an attacking emphasis. We didn't do that. We tried to be smartarses and defend for 30 minutes.

Maybe they should spend a few hours in training practising keeping the ball in the corner in the last five minutes. Didn't they watch the women's Euro final the other day? Play them the tape.....

We dominated that match. We deserved to win. The aimless passing crept in as time wore on and they grew in stature and pressing us. We crumbled. This, I believe comes down to Martin sending certain players on (Fulton) who cannot play alongside Grimes as has been said. They also need to look at the coaching staff and who is talking about the winning mentality and what it takes to keep the pressure on for 90+ minutes and be utterly ruthless.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back