• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What is your favourite brand of baked beans?

I'm not one of these sad act ex pats who has to shop exclusively in the UK supermarkets over here and never eat that "foreign muck", but we do pop in to Iceland Waitrose Overseas Supermarket every few months to get the odd product you just can't get in Spain, or end up paying through the nose for. Stuff like proper cheese biscuits, pork pies or mint imperials for example.
You can get Heinz beans in the local supermarkets if you want to pay 1.10€ a can.
I went into Iceland and got a few tins of their own label beans yesterday, think they're called Jacks (appropriately enough). I think they come from Ireland thanks to Brexshit, and cost me 60c a can. How much are beans in the UK these days?

karnataka said:
Itchysphincter said:
I likes beans and I likes cheese, but I doesn’t likes beans and cheese together. Slowly heat up a tin of Heinz and chuck a teaspoon of curry powder in, nice.

I like beans but don't have a favourite brand and we buy Tesco or Lidl usually. Never buy Heinz, very overrated. Beans and cheese, my favourite jacket potato filling. 😛

A shout out for beans from Lidl, not sure on the brand name but they come in a blue and white tin. They are slightly sweeter than any other brand that I’ve tried. They are on my mental list of things that are better from Lidl than from elsewhere (along with Lidl Kit-Kat, smoothies and numerous other food items).

I used to work for Heinz and worked on the bean and pasta lines automation.

So of course I must say Heinz :D

Let's be honest, there's not much difference in a tin of beans FFS

Cooperman said:
karnataka said:
I like beans but don't have a favourite brand and we buy Tesco or Lidl usually. Never buy Heinz, very overrated. Beans and cheese, my favourite jacket potato filling. 😛

A shout out for beans from Lidl, not sure on the brand name but they come in a blue and white tin. They are slightly sweeter than any other brand that I’ve tried. They are on my mental list of things that are better from Lidl than from elsewhere (along with Lidl Kit-Kat, smoothies and numerous other food items).

Newgate.

Do some nice soups too but disappointed they ditched the stilton & broccoli soup a while back.

Heinz reduced sugar and salt for me. Other beans taste too sweet now.

Only one brand of choice when it comes to skinheads on a raft, it's got to be Heinz.

karnataka said:
Cooperman said:

Newgate.

That’s them. I was going to say Newgale but it didn’t sound right.

Neath_Jack said:
Only one brand of choice when it comes to skinheads on a raft, it's got to be Heinz.

What make raft for you sail? That’s a topic in its own right.

Cooperman said:
Neath_Jack said:

What make raft for you sail? That’s a topic in its own right.

Generally Hovis (seeded), but will go for any seeded make to be honest.

Cathedral cheese? Bounces higher than any other cheese. Pure rubber.

J_B said:
Heinz reduced sugar and salt for me. Other beans taste too sweet now.

Same here. With ground black pepper as well.

Branston knocks spots off Heinz. The beans are actually in a sauce as opposed to the watery red stuff Heinz use.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back