• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where do we go from here Millwall away

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Cooper has 4 days of training, will he get the boot if defeated by Millwall who are in good nick..

What's the team, I'm struggling, Grimes has been an utter fanny in the past 2 encounters and will not be dropped because somehow he's got the captaincy (even worse than Xhaka as Arsenals captain)..

Woodman - I give up on his distribution

Roberts - looks tired and jaded but never a good fullback
Naughton - f*ck me
Bennett - must start
Guehi - must start
Bidwell - gone backwards

Grimes - he doesn't even play it sideways or backwards any more
Smith - Fulton was diabolical
Hourihane - only in for a set piece or a goal

Ayew - headless chicken and gone off the boil
Whittaker - Lowe is like a parks player ATM

Happily take a point if offered

Tough game, can only see a loss coming definitely the type of game we’ll lose, Milwall have found abit of form too.

Cooper ain’t getting the boot yet, although if he fails to even secure at least a play off spot then I’m 99% sure we’ll part ways end of the season.

Woodman
Roberts
Bennett
Guehi
Manning
Smith
Grimes
Hourihane
Ayew
Routledge
Whittaker

Liam Cullen is likely to be amongst the subs for this one, so hopefully he’ll get 2 minutes on the pitch when we are 1-0 down.

TheLoneRanger said:
The form we're in Jed Wallace will have a field day.

The form we’re in Jessie Wallace would have a field day.

I don’t think the personnel matters much any more. I think we are done, shot. Nobody believes any more. They are not a team in any shape or form just a purposeless frightened rabble. My only suggestion is drop Ayew.

They’ll still play the same shit, whoever you put in. They have been trained not to move, support, make space, pass forward...hell even to face forward. I’d like them to play a game where they are not allowed to pass to Woodman...or Bennett or Cabango! But then it would just be hoofed relentlessly forward past the statuesque midfield. That’s Cooperwang.

May as well mail them the points now, spare ourselves the torture and go out and do something more enjoyable instead.

Woodman / Hamer (woodman's distribution is poor but tbh he didn’t have many choices in the last few games.
Naughton Cabango Bennett Manning
Fulton Hourihane Cooper Smith
......... Ayew ... Routledge

Two proper full backs
Two proper CBS
Midfield bite, control & dead ball, fresh & speedy, creative
Two hard working attackers who can be outlets and can score if supplied

Badlands said:
Woodman / Hamer (woodman's distribution is poor but tbh he didn’t have many choices in the last few games.
Naughton Cabango Bennett Manning
Fulton Hourihane Cooper Smith
......... Ayew ... Routledge

Two proper full backs
Two proper CBS
Midfield bite, control & dead ball, fresh & speedy, creative
Two hard working attackers who can be outlets and can score if supplied

That looks worth a shot, if he then tells Cooper and Houri to get forward rather than sit back and hoof. The back four would also need to pass to the midfield who would have to give options and make space. I would swap Ayew for Cullen if he is fit too. I can’t take any more Ayew.

Tough fixture, I think Millwall have been decent against us in recent games between the sides. We're either disinterested or confidence is at rock bottom, Millwall have won 4 of their last 5 whilst I don't wish to see it happen I can see us getting gubbed! :(

I don't know why we still insist on playing out from the back. We're just not skillful enough to do it, especially with our mid-field.

old cob said:
I don't know why we still insist on playing out from the back. We're just not skillful enough to do it, especially with our mid-field.

Fairs fair, we only play out from the back when or until the opposition are all in place and ready. Then we give it back to Woodman to lamp it back to them or into touch. We’re not daft.

monmouth said:
old cob said:

Fairs fair, we only play out from the back when or until the opposition are all in place and ready. Then we give it back to Woodman to lamp it back to them or into touch. We’re not daft.

Indeedy. We "catch them on the break" by belting forward, then wait for the opposition to return to set up their defence, before passing it from side to side and then inevitably pass the ball back to the opposition. Superb stuff.

monmouth said:
old cob said:

Watford lose to Reading Friday, we beat Millwall Saturday, we beat Sheffield Wednesday next Tuesday, then beat Wycombe on Saturday while Luton beat Watford. We’ll then have the same number of points as Watford. 👍

Brentford just dropped points to Birmingham at home, drew 0-0.

Lifelong said:
monmouth said:

Watford lose to Reading Friday, we beat Millwall Saturday, we beat Sheffield Wednesday next Tuesday, then beat Wycombe on Saturday while Luton beat Watford. We’ll then have the same number of points as Watford. 👍

I’ll settle for that.

Now tell me Rog, when did Tesco start selling those shrooms...

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back