• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where do you draw the line at winning?

At that age the coach of the team winning should have told his boys to ease up. Winning is great, winning well and not taking the piss is even better when there are kids with fragile confidence involved. Poor show that.

It's under 12 ffs, embarrassing to get past any goal differential above 6 when you know you can do so easily.

Coach (and league) should take a long look at themselves.

My grandsons under 12’s team won 27-1 earlier and everyone was feeling sorry for the losing boys.
What do people think?

Oh and just for the record my grandson is the goalkeeper and I was tamping he let one in.
If that ever happened as a kid, once it got to 8 or 9 the defence go moved upfront and vice versa which stopped the flow of goals.

It's at all levels. I coach u7s, we're up pure football. It's supposed to be mixed abilities, which most teams do, but there is a handful who play there strongest 4 together. They win by 10 against most teams and don't hold back either, they keep going for the jugular. I'm not really sure who that benefits tbh.
I thought that at U6/7 but every group of kids are different. Over the last 3 years, my team relied so heavily on the 2 strongest players that the others stopped developing.
They’d stand around waiting for the ball to come to them and taking the easiest routes available, while the other 2 were coming off with 6 goals each and looking like Terry Butcher.
We’ve split the teams now and the improvement in my development boys has been amazing to watch. In at the deep end, don’t worry about losing or making mistakes, play the game, learn and get involved. In a few years when the teams merge into one, they’ll all be better for it.
27-1 though. It looks like they can’t compete and no good to anyone unfortunately :(

It’s awful, it’s not character building and neither of the teams learns anything from an uneven score line like that. Kids football attracts the worst kind of people but they are the ones that are available.

I thought that at U6/7 but every group of kids are different. Over the last 3 years, my team relied so heavily on the 2 strongest players that the others stopped developing.
They’d stand around waiting for the ball to come to them and taking the easiest routes available, while the other 2 were coming off with 6 goals each and looking like Terry Butcher.
We’ve split the teams now and the improvement in my development boys has been amazing to watch. In at the deep end, don’t worry about losing or making mistakes, play the game, learn and get involved. In a few years when the teams merge into one, they’ll all be better for it.
27-1 though. It looks like they can’t compete and no good to anyone unfortunately :(
Your last few words, it pains me sometimes to see some boys who are just not footballers and can hardly kick a ball or understand the basics at an age it should be second nature.
Some kids don't want to play football or are just going through the motions and it's the parents pushing them to play.......football isn't for all kids and it's quite embarrassing watching some kids play at an age when you know it's just going to improve for them.

It’s awful, it’s not character building and neither of the teams learns anything from an uneven score line like that. Kids football attracts the worst kind of people but they are the ones that are available.
Football is character building but I agree not with a scoreline is 27-1.
Character building is also for the coaches who should have had the insight and decency to step in.

I still remember once when I was playing rugby for Gorseinon under 16s and we got battered 91-0
16 tries were scored and we never once got even a sniff of scoring ourselves

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back