• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Whittaker and Paterson back involved? Another Burnley bid for Obafemi rejected? The latest transfer news

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
https://planetswans.co.uk/2023/01/20/paterson-back-involved-another-obafemi-bid-turned-down-whittaker-and-rangers/

Personally I'm hoping both Whittaker and Obafemi are with us when the window shuts, and then Martin gives them both a chance. God knows we need reinforcements at the sharp end of the pitch. I know Obafemi has attitude problems (allegedly) but he must see it's in his best interests to get a good summer move if he starts finding the net again regularly.
Patterson I don't see as much more than bench fodder now. I hope we can persuade Manning to stay but I don't think Lati should be a regular first teamer and if anyone is bonkers enough to make an offer for him, snap their hands off.

Pegojack said:
Personally I'm hoping both Whittaker and Obafemi are with us when the window shuts, and then Martin gives them both a chance. God knows we need reinforcements at the sharp end of the pitch. I know Obafemi has attitude problems (allegedly) but he must see it's in his best interests to get a good summer move if he starts finding the net again regularly.
Patterson I don't see as much more than bench fodder now. I hope we can persuade Manning to stay but I don't think Lati should be a regular first teamer and if anyone is bonkers enough to make an offer for him, snap their hands off.

Whittaker I can see where you’re coming from but this will be a vicious circle with Oba now.

If there’s no breakthrough tonight on Whittaker to Rangers, will be interesting to see if Martin brings him on tomorrow or even starts him, if he doesn’t there’s going to be 2.5K fans chanting for him to be on.

Swansea93 said:
If there’s no breakthrough tonight on Whittaker to Rangers, will be interesting to see if Martin brings him on tomorrow or even starts him, if he doesn’t there’s going to be 2.5K fans chanting for him to be on.

Given that we don't have a game after tomorrow until February, I imagine we'll keep him out of the squad for tomorrow so that we can still sell him if we get a decent offer? And then if he's still here when the window closes I'm sure he'll be involved.

Got a feeing Whittaker will be an unused sub unless a fresh bid comes in overnight. He won't want to come on.
Feel a bit for the lad.

CurtessECarr said:
Got a feeing Whittaker will be an unused sub unless a fresh bid comes in overnight. He won't want to come on.
Feel a bit for the lad.

Going to be some serious questions asked and probably abuse from the travelling swans fans should we need a goal tomorrow and he's left on the bench.

Chief said:
Going to be some serious questions asked and probably abuse from the travelling swans fans should we need a goal tomorrow and he's left on the bench.

Exactly my thoughts on it, I think he’s there with the intention to start/come on providing Rangers don’t match our valuation tonight, wether you believe Russ or not apparently him and Morgan have agreed to this, so we’ll soon see.

Swansea93 said:
Exactly my thoughts on it, I think he’s there with the intention to start/come on providing Rangers don’t match our valuation tonight, wether you believe Russ or not apparently him and Morgan have agreed to this, so we’ll soon see.

I think he's only in the squad try play brinkmanship with Rangers personally. Rangers may still call our bluff and not bid. With ten days of the window left that'll make it very awkward.

My opinion is both Obefemi and Whittaker are preferable to the loyal and very nice Cullen . It’s about transferring attitude on to the pitch . Mr Martin seems rather forlorn at having players who seem to upset . Maybe it’s just coincidence ,maybe not .

Piroe with either Whittaker or Obecwouod be a handful for any opposition so long as we passed the ball forwards to them .

Swansea93 said:

His words in the post match interview was " I think Morgan is in agreement "
Maybe nothing but a strange way to say a line had been drawn.

3swan said:
His words in the post match interview was " I think Morgan is in agreement "
Maybe nothing but a strange way to say a line had been drawn.

Only two ways to interpret that mate;

1. He hasn’t asked him
2. He isn’t really in agreement.

Swansea City v Cardiff City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back