• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Why is this board so quiet?

Neath_Jack said:
Same old people saying the same old nonsense, and forums have had their glory years.

Other than that it’s fine.

Fully agree with this, the internet has largely moved on from old style message boards. I think Planet Swans would benefit greatly from setting up a discord server, pretty much all the clubs have them. Liverpool for example have at least one, which has thousands of members and hundreds on it at any one time. For the Luddites, it's basically a modern version of paltalk. You can have dozens of different channels/rooms for different subjects, voice chat - where you can chat/argue or listen to radio broadcasts, and you could also watch videos or official streams such as the press conferences. I don't think the vipbox type streams would work :D

Also works seamlessly on mobile.

Something to consider.

Monty said:
Neath_Jack said:
Same old people saying the same old nonsense, and forums have had their glory years.

Fully agree with this, the internet has largely moved on from old style message boards. I think Planet Swans would benefit greatly from setting up a discord server, pretty much all the clubs have them. Liverpool for example have at least one, which has thousands of members and hundreds on it at any one time. For the Luddites, it's basically a modern version of paltalk. You can have dozens of different channels/rooms for different subjects, voice chat - where you can chat/argue or listen to radio broadcasts, and you could also watch videos or official streams such as the press conferences. I don't think the vipbox type streams would work :D

Something to consider.

In answer to the OP, it's because all the best posters, like you, don't post anymore.

Darran said:
Monty said:

Something to consider.

In answer to the OP, it's because all the best posters, like you, don't post anymore.

I also just explained (mostly) why. The very hostile mood building on here was the other reason. It was fun for a few days but was getting out of hand.

Monty said:
Neath_Jack said:

Something to consider.

Have you an example of one of these in action?

PSumbler said:
Monty said:

Something to consider.

Have you an example of one of these in action?

This is the web browser version (there is also an app) of the Liverpool one I looked up before posting so I had a reference - https://discord.com/channels/193120847844737025/453492549706055702

Not sure if you'd need an account to access it, but set an account up takes seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnYGrq95ezA

Monty said:
Darran said:

I also just explained (mostly) why. The very hostile mood building on here was the other reason. It was fun for a few days but was getting out of hand.

Well whatever the reason is top of my list will be that there’s too many miserable pricks here (and everywhere) that take life far too seriously.

Darran said:
Monty said:

Well whatever the reason is top of my list will be that there’s too many miserable pricks here (and everywhere) that take life far too seriously.

It's always been the same :lol: it's just the same old faces from twenty years ago getting gradually older and meaner. It's as insular as an Amish colony on here.

Darran said:
Monty said:

Something to consider.

Bless your heart

List of football 'servers' on discord I just found https://disboard.org/servers/tag/football

You can add bots to it too, that carry out various functions like this one https://top.gg/bot/668075833780469772

Or with games like this one https://top.gg/bot/581915670585933835

Monty said:
You can add bots to it too, that carry out various functions like this one https://top.gg/bot/668075833780469772

Or with games like this one https://top.gg/bot/581915670585933835

Having a look at this - not 100% certain I "get it" but I'll keep looking, downloaded the app and looking at the site so I'm hoping it'll kick in at some point :lol: ;)

I just had a nose on there for the first time in ages, it gave me a migraine right away. I won't be going back there ever.

I prefer it here with the adults.

For some inexplicable reason, nearly all the rather unpleasant fellows with whom I disagree profoundly on life, politics and everything (how's that, Flash?) have decided to stay where they were and not migrate across. Maybe it's because the idea of being a 'migrant' is anathema to them. 😁 I'm very grateful.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back