• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Window shut

• Thread starter eteb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 2,497
JackSomething said:
I would agree, but the focus seems to be more on improving the defence. Which is no bad thing given our start to the season. If the new players do improve the defence, I can see a lot of low-scoring games ahead, as we don't look likely to score a lot of goals.

I think maybe Ntcham was seen as a key player by the club and Duff. We've been a bit clueless since he crapped on us in linking things together. Perhaps Lowe can help us out more than Piroe did there and will complement Yates more...assuming we get him.

I think it’s been a good transfer window - maybe even a great one - and I am looking forward to seeing our new players in action.

I am very glad I didn’t join the chorus of commentators claiming that Watson is a patsy, Levien will torpedo any signings and this club is going nowhere under the present ownership. They must be feeling rather sheepish right now.

As to the Martin purists who cheered when Jamal Lowe was sold and said they would rather pour bleach in their eyes than watch Cooperball (yes, one did actually write that), I am over the moon about the return of a true JB. Croeso Jamal!

Considering that we have signed I think its 14 players over the window I would say that Watson has done superb work. People bemoan not replacing Piroe but with our budget finding 20+ goal a season strikers is not easy but I feel like Yates will accomplish that with proper service. We have addressed our long standing full back issue and while it will take time to see if the recruitment is on point I feel we look stronger overall as a squad compared to the start of the window.

The only thing I think we didn't address was getting in a creative attacking midfielder, though Lowe and Ginnelly can and have played that position before.

cadleigh said:
I think it’s been a good transfer window - maybe even a great one - and I am looking forward to seeing our new players in action.

I am very glad I didn’t join the chorus of commentators claiming that Watson is a patsy, Levien will torpedo any signings and this club is going nowhere under the present ownership. They must be feeling rather sheepish right now.

As to the Martin purists who cheered when Jamal Lowe was sold and said they would rather pour bleach in their eyes than watch Cooperball (yes, one did actually write that), I am over the moon about the return of a true JB. Croeso Jamal!

I'm in agreement with them regarding Cooperball. I absolutely detested his time here. Not like it got us any tangible results either, we did not get promoted and the players that were developed were not our own. Very much hope that Duff does not go down the same route, but the jury is out.

ThurrockJack said:
I'm in agreement with them regarding Cooperball. I absolutely detested his time here. Not like it got us any tangible results either, we did not get promoted and the players that were developed were not our own. Very much hope that Duff does not go down the same route, but the jury is out.

Last thing I want to do is to start another 'Cooper - good or bad?' discussion. Lowe was a good servant to this club, he was booted out by Martin because his pace wasn't needed, and he's come back to us showing he has no hard feelings towards the club or the fans (Martin's probably another story). I'm delighted, but I see he's already being dismissed as 'inferior' by some posters. Jesus wept.

As for Martin and Southampton, I'm delighted we didn't let them have Woods and I see they signed 11 players in this window and we signed 14, so I hope Martin's recent cheap digs stick in his throat along with his vegan cornflakes.

cadleigh said:
As for Martin and Southampton, I'm delighted we didn't let them have Woods and I see they signed 11 players in this window and we signed 14, so I hope Martin's recent cheap digs stick in his throat along with his vegan cornflakes.

:lol: :lol:

After a couple of good games Lowe became very poor here last time, I wasn't sad to see him go. Smacks of a cheap desperate signing to me. Let's just hope he pulls his socks up second time around.

I thought Jamal was always a good player for us - got unfair pelters. Has skill and pace that we are desperate for, and experience whixh shouldn't go unnoticed

Nocountryforoldjack said:
After a couple of good games Lowe became very poor here last time, I wasn't sad to see him go. Smacks of a cheap desperate signing to me. Let's just hope he pulls his socks up second time around.

He got 14 goals for us in 2020-21, five of them in the last seven games of the season. Not a bad return for a winger. Piroe got 19 goals the following season.

cadleigh said:
He got 14 goals for us in 2020-21, five of them in the last seven games of the season. Not a bad return for a winger. Piroe got 19 goals the following season.

Also, with him out of contract in the summer, the hope is that his loan isn't costing us a huge amount. I imagine we're covering most or all of his wages, which won't be cheap, but wouldn't expect there to be a loan fee on top of that. He's clearly not in Bournemouth's plans, so I imagine they settled for saving on his wages when no-one wanted to pay to sign him permanently.

cadleigh said:
Last thing I want to do is to start another 'Cooper - good or bad?' discussion. Lowe was a good servant to this club, he was booted out by Martin because his pace wasn't needed, and he's come back to us showing he has no hard feelings towards the club or the fans (Martin's probably another story). I'm delighted, but I see he's already being dismissed as 'inferior' by some posters. Jesus wept.

No ill feeling towards Jamal, he is a talented player who does not seem to complain. I just do not want to see us revert away from playing the type of football that has been the club's identity for the last two decades or so.

ThurrockJack said:
No ill feeling towards Jamal, he is a talented player who does not seem to complain. I just do not want to see us revert away from playing the type of football that has been the club's identity for the last two decades or so.

Fair enough. Isn't that down to the manager rather than the player though?

Anyone trying to package the Lowe signing up as anything other than a massive downgrade on Piroe and a retrograde step, is talking absolute tosh.

He's a very limited player, nothing more than a gourmet Adrian Forbes. He was average when he was here last time, and he'll be average again. He is what he is.

There is an alarming Piroe-sized gap in our striking options until at least January, we are going to badly struggle to score goals. That is a fact.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back