• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wood, Cabango and the Wing backs

Skippyjack

Michu
Reaction score
Not for the first time this season our space in-between CB and Wing Back being exploited over and over again, our two wing backs are not good enough, and Cabango and Wood are too slow and crap up against pace.. it's been pointed out about 5 times and teams will keep exploiting it.. tactically we're League One

Agreed re Cabango. Slow of thought and movement, his biggest weakness (along with the calamity moment in him).

Wood is pacey, can play and has laser focus on getting it right. Which is why Russ rates him so highly over and above all comers right now.

When Wood arrived, after only a week Russ said 'I knew you were good, but I didn't realise how good'. Fact. Much to Cabango's chagrin.

Darling needs a proper shift now. Despite his technical deficiencies he has the athleticism Naughts lacks nowadays esp against the better teams (who we haven't played til today).

Today was the litmus test.

Defence and wing backs are an absolute shambles. We are basically unable to keep clean sheets at the moment. What lati offers us either defensively or from an attacking threat is virtually nil. In fairness to Manning he's having a decent season , but at the moment defensively we are very vulnerable.

We've done well recently, but we're over-achieving based on budget and we know our defense has got weaker year on year since we got relegated from the PL. Lost Connor, lost Bids, lost Guehi (who was immense in this league), lost Laird, lost Christie. Even Bennett offered something more when we used defensive CBs.

It's a stupidly condensed table at the moment. Cardiff are in 16th but only 3 points behind us and I suspect we're artificially high right now. We'll end up mid-table and maybe (just maybe) do slightly better than last year. Which is all we can expect from this limited and small squad.

#Yanks OUT

LeonWasTheDog's said:
We've done well recently, but we're over-achieving based on budget and we know our defense has got weaker year on year since we got relegated from the PL. Lost Connor, lost Bids, lost Guehi (who was immense in this league), lost Laird, lost Christie. Even Bennett offered something more when we used defensive CBs.

It's a stupidly condensed table at the moment. Cardiff are in 16th but only 3 points behind us and I suspect we're artificially high right now. We'll end up mid-table and maybe (just maybe) do slightly better than last year. Which is all we can expect from this limited and small squad.

#Yanks OUT

I don't disagree with most of what you've said and I don't expect much better than mid-table.

What I DO expect though, is seeing players consistently playing somewhere near their potential, a manager who is capable of getting players to consistently play somewhere near their potential and a system that gets the best out of the players we have and is designed to counter our opponent's strengths.

I didn't see ANY of that today.

Cabango is fine in a position playing to his strengths. Lati might be too. They are both shagged being asked to do todays nonsense, as was Sorinola, but I don’t think he’d be good anywhere. He’s better than Lati on the right to be fair to him, but so would my goat. If I had a goat.

Cabango had Lewandowski in his pocket at the Wales game. Call me old fashioned but a good centre back doesn’t need pace. They need to read the game. Go four at the back with this squad please Russ. We can do the project when we’ve got the wing backs.

Isn’t Fin Stevens a wing back? Can’t be worse than Sorinola surely? I don’t know if Ogbeta is any good or not - the lad didn’t have a chance.

Personally, I think Whittaker would do a good job as wing back.

Longlostjack said:
Cabango had Lewandowski in his pocket at the Wales game. Call me old fashioned but a good centre back doesn’t need pace. They need to read the game. Go four at the back with this squad please Russ. We can do the project when we’ve got the wing backs.

He had Lewandowski in his pocket playing in a three, but yes wales do have genuine wing backs I agree.

monmouth said:
Cabango is fine in a position playing to his strengths. Lati might be too. They are both shagged being asked to do todays nonsense, as was Sorinola, but I don’t think he’d be good anywhere. He’s better than Lati on the right to be fair to him, but so would my goat. If I had a goat.
I was telling my colleague who lives in Burnley this morning that we were done for pace from the start and that we had to change the centre half and put cabango in the middle and get pace on the defensive flanks. It didn't change and we got mullered. Even worse we were so stuffed we lost Piroe which is probably because of the shambles and frustration.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back