• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Woodman

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 5,040
The 1st goal was almost more laughable than the second if possible

Not the only one who doesn't rate him then?

Had an absolute shocker today. Off the pace for the first goal and the less said about the second the better.

I wonder if our agreement with Newcastle United contains a requirement to play him. The GK coach definitely has some work to do in the coming weeks.

He's a decent keeper but with Benda available the last thing we should have wasted a loan slot on was bringing him back.

Risc said:

Woodman is crap. We have not had a good keeper since Fabianski. Its cost us so many games. Why cant the manager see this.
Neil Etheridge is not doing anything and is a decent goal stopper. Get him in between the sticks.

Dr. Winston said:
He's a decent keeper but with Benda available the last thing we should have wasted a loan slot on was bringing him back.

He’s not a decent keeper. He’s petrified of any sort of contact with glass hands.

It was a shocker of a signing.

porthcawljax said:
Risc said:

Woodman is crap. We have not had a good keeper since Fabianski. Its cost us so many games. Why cant the manager see this.
Neil Etheridge is not doing anything and is a decent goal stopper. Get him in between the sticks.

Is this a serious post?

In what world do you think Cardiff are going to start giving us players that could potentially improve our team?

Chief said:
porthcawljax said:

Is this a serious post?

In what world do you think Cardiff are going to start giving us players that could potentially improve our team?

They don't give us f.All we get some money out and offer him a good deal. He's not playing so he cant be happy being there.

Thing is with Woodman is that he is pretty average at best, but because of his antics after the Cardiff game and his interaction with the fans lead the more uneducated among them to believe he`s an excellent keeper. :lol:

He is poor man's Michel Vorm, good shot stopper but weak in the physical areas of the game with crosses etc. I don't mind him back for another season, but was hoping to pick up another keeper instead.

I really want to support Woodman as I have, for the most part, for the last year or so. He does seem to have regressed at an alarming rate since his first few months with us. Hopefully we can put a stable defensive partnership infront of him this season.

MrSwerve said:
I really want to support Woodman as I have, for the most part, for the last year or so. He does seem to have regressed at an alarming rate since his first few months with us. Hopefully we can put a stable defensive partnership infront of him this season.

It’s good that he’s loved his time here etc, and I would have welcomed him back with open arms if it was a permanent signing as he’s a pup and can hopefully grow into a good keeper in time, but for us to have loaned him to make the same mistakes over and over grates my gears big time when we have Benda sat around doing nothing.

We looked better with Mulder last season imo.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back