• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Woodman

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 5,041
What was noticeable after his injury was how much quicker and more accurately Mulder distributed the ball. I think the made a huge difference to our outfield play.

Risc said:
MrSwerve said:
I really want to support Woodman as I have, for the most part, for the last year or so. He does seem to have regressed at an alarming rate since his first few months with us. Hopefully we can put a stable defensive partnership infront of him this season.

It’s good that he’s loved his time here etc, and I would have welcomed him back with open arms if it was a permanent signing as he’s a pup and can hopefully grow into a good keeper in time, but for us to have loaned him to make the same mistakes over and over grates my gears big time when we have Benda sat around doing nothing.

We looked better with Mulder last season imo.

Very disappointed with Mulder in the end. They get their chance and fail to grasp the opportunity. It happened since we lost Fabianski. Woodman is much higher quality keeper but needs to buck up his ideas if he is to progress.

Itchysphincter said:
Risc said:
It’s good that he’s loved his time here etc, and I would have welcomed him back with open arms if it was a permanent signing as he’s a pup and can hopefully grow into a good keeper in time, but for us to have loaned him to make the same mistakes over and over grates my gears big time when we have Benda sat around doing nothing.

We looked better with Mulder last season imo.

Very disappointed with Mulder in the end. They get their chance and fail to grasp the opportunity. It happened since we lost Fabianski. Woodman is much higher quality keeper but needs to buck up his ideas if he is to progress.

Woodman's shot stopping was better than Mulder, but he was petrified of the high ball and his distribution is awful. About halfway through the season his confidence was shot to bits and his shot stopping even struggled, one goal that sticks in my head is the Luton goal at our place, it goes through him.

He's a young keeper and they pretty much all go through times like this, he has all of the tools to become a good keeper but the way I see it he is being allowed to make his mistakes here while we have our own keepers we could be progressing. You could argue Margetson's opinion on our keepers is superior to an average joe on the street like myself, but I can't be convinced his job with the England National Team didn't have a big part to play in getting Woodman games down here.

Badlands said:
What was noticeable after his injury was how much quicker and more accurately Mulder distributed the ball. I think the made a huge difference to our outfield play.

Despite his shortcomings, his distribution played a big part in out upturn in form after the mid season break.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back