• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Would you like a receipt

Well, just to throw a grenade into this thread, when over the Co-op tonight, and after buying 5 items to the value of just over £20, the lad on the till didn't even ask me if I wanted a receipt at all, nothing, no receipt, just a polite thank you back at me.
It didn't bother me at the time, but what if, let's say, my tiger loaf had a bit of mold on it, would he have offered to replace it on my return?, was the onus on me to have challenged him there and then at purchase?

As an aside, my bananas were absolutely fantastic, always are in the Co-op in fairness... 🍌

Ooo look 13 pages now too :shock:

Swanjaxs said:
Well, just to throw a grenade into this thread, when over the Co-op tonight, and after buying 5 items to the value of just over £20, the lad on the till didn't even ask me if I wanted a receipt at all, nothing, no receipt, just a polite thank you back at me.
It didn't bother me at the time, but what if, let's say, my tiger loaf had a bit of mold on it, would he have offered to replace it on my return?, was the onus on me to have challenged him there and then at purchase?

As an aside, my bananas were absolutely fantastic, always are in the Co-op in fairness... 🍌

Ooo look 13 pages now too :shock:

I think what you are saying now Sj, was the whole point of my initial post, for me it's all about consumer rights. Don't get me wrong the vast majority of the time, normally the produce bought, is as expected, I have no complaints, but wouldn't it be quite funny if on a weekly shop you ended up with say a bad piece of meat that cost over a fiver, and the same cahier at the till who said would you like a receipt, then demands to see one, when bringing back goods.

I really think it's all a bit shoddy on the supermarket part, like people talk here about the self service tills, with the would you like a receipt with the yes/no option at the end, for me there should be a message with that saying, if you press no and you are not happy with the purchase, tough luck you will not get a refund without a receipt, or something like by pressing no you are not waiving your consumer rights.

jack123 said:
I think what you are saying now Sj, was the whole point of my initial post, for me it's all about consumer rights. Don't get me wrong the vast majority of the time, normally the produce bought, is as expected, I have no complaints, but wouldn't it be quite funny if on a weekly shop you ended up with say a bad piece of meat that cost over a fiver, and the same cahier at the till who said would you like a receipt, then demands to see one, when bringing back goods.

I really think it's all a bit shoddy on the supermarket part, like people talk here about the self service tills, with the would you like a receipt with the yes/no option at the end, for me there should be a message with that saying, if you press no and you are not happy with the purchase, tough luck you will not get a refund without a receipt, or something like by pressing no you are not waiving your consumer rights.

Just say "yes please I would like that receipt please"

13 pages in and that bit hasnt changed

Tesco didn't even ask me whether i want a receipt or not, they just printed it out and gave it to me. Wankas.

I was in a Sainsbury’s in Surrey last week in the self scanning section and discovered that the receipt was printed automatically and you needed it to scan at the gate to get out of the section.

No need to put a pound in the trolley up there though.

Robbie said:
Work in a local Supermarket myself , even if challenged by security whilst shopping at other stores buying goods , can say this is my receipt , double check the purchase if necessary , no big deal .
That's a good point. I always get a receipt in a supermarket if I'm going into another supermarket, that's just common sense.

Yesterday, I bought a number on items in our local Lidl and as I was stuffing them into a bag, the checkout girl thrust her hand towards me and said "Here's your receipt". I took it and thanked her :eek:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back