• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Would you like a receipt

Swanjaxs said:
The Cod Box serves the best chips in Swansea, but, asked for a banana fritter and they told me to fuk off to Aldi! Very rude imo, didn't dare ask them for a receipt

Now that’s how to get us back on topic. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
I had Croque Monsieur. Which was basically a cheese and ham toastie with a silly French name. Very nice though.

Cafe/restaurant at Pugh's Garden centre up at Wenvoe tried to serve me with a Korean style pulled beef brisket and caramelised red onion Toastie smothered in melted cheese yesterday, back it went, I love cheese, but I don't want it melted over food when the menu never mentioned cheese with that particular item, if it had I'd have told them to leave the cheese out, they brought me what I asked for in the end bloody lovely it was to nice bit of spice to it, I omitted the BQ sauce dip that usually comes with it, can't stand BQ sauce.

Oh, and I didn't keep the receipt :lol:

Work in retail myself , sometimes at the sharp end of customers .

Some comments here in jest , I hope , but colleagues of mine have to tolerate abuse and its only banz innit reactions . having a laugh , etc .

Try being in the front line of challenging , drunks , coke heads and roiders , can I see your receipt please is a recipe for confrontation with some weirdos .

I went in to Lidl this morning and purchased 18 sachets of peppercorn sauce, then followed that up with visiting the pet shop and buying some dry food for my dog, which cost £44. On both occasions I was asked whether I wanted a receipt and both times I politely declined. Admittedly I didn't meat the criteria of £100 in the trolley, but I can confirm that neither shop assistant appeared to be wankas. Make of that what you will.

I will be available later on to answer any questions on the peppercorn sauce.

Oh, I also followed that up with a visit to the self service till in Tesco (£24 of ingredients for a spag ball, and some fruit for work), which also asked me whether I wanted a receipt via the words on the screen. I also declined that offer as well. However, the machine that served me could fall into the wanka category, due to it not accepting my chip and pin, I had to insert my card. The bastard.

Neath_Jack said:
I went in to Lidl this morning and purchased 18 sachets of peppercorn sauce, then followed that up with visiting the pet shop and buying some dry food for my dog, which cost £44. On both occasions I was asked whether I wanted a receipt and both times I politely declined. Admittedly I didn't meat the criteria of £100 in the trolley, but I can confirm that neither shop assistant appeared to be wankas. Make of that what you will.

I will be available later on to answer any questions on the peppercorn sauce.

Oh, I also followed that up with a visit to the self service till in Tesco (£24 of ingredients for a spag ball, and some fruit for work), which also asked me whether I wanted a receipt via the words on the screen. I also declined that offer as well. However, the machine that served me could fall into the wanka category, due to it not accepting my chip and pin, I had to insert my card. The bastard.

Ooh, ooh I have questions on the peppercorn sauce! I love a good peppercorn sauce. Did you buy in such bulk from Lidl because it was on offer or do Lidl do a really good sauce which I need to try?

JackSomething said:
Ooh, ooh I have questions on the peppercorn sauce! I love a good peppercorn sauce. Did you buy in such bulk from Lidl because it was on offer or do Lidl do a really good sauce which I need to try?

Everyone has different tastes etc, but I have tried pretty much all the available peppercorn sauces from the supermarkets and I find this one the nicest by a long way. Reason I buy them in bulk is that they are the only thing I buy from Lidl so it saves me going there too often (the queuing / closed checkouts wind me up in there) and I use 3 or 4 sachets a week so they soon go.

Jack123 as you are the forum supermarket guru what are your thoughts on letting people go in front of you when queuing.
You are in the queue with your £100 worth of trolley and there is a person behind you holding 4 items in their hands do you say to them "you go before me" or stuff them and let them wait their turn.

What is the acceptable ratio of what you have and what the person behind you has to tell them to go before you. E.g. you have 20 items they have 6 etc. I really need to know this as I don't want to fall into the grumpy old git bracket.

Fbreath said:
Jack123 as you are the forum supermarket guru what are your thoughts on letting people go in front of you when queuing.
You are in the queue with your £100 worth of trolley and there is a person behind you holding 4 items in their hands do you say to them "you go before me" or stuff them and let them wait their turn.

What is the acceptable ratio of what you have and what the person behind you has to tell them to go before you. E.g. you have 20 items they have 6 etc. I really need to know this as I don't want to fall into the grumpy old git bracket.

I like this one as well...

I only go into Aldi to buy their King steaks, so when I get to the till I am carrying the grand total of 3 items. I find the people that shop in Aldi far less likely to let you go in front of them, than the customers in Lidl (see previous post regarding peppercorn sauces). So much so that I actually said a sarky 'thank you very much' to the two ladies who had a massive trolley full in front of me about two weeks ago. Riled me up they did.

Neath_Jack said:
Everyone has different tastes etc, but I have tried pretty much all the available peppercorn sauces from the supermarkets and I find this one the nicest by a long way. Reason I buy them in bulk is that they are the only thing I buy from Lidl so it saves me going there too often (the queuing / closed checkouts wind me up in there) and I use 3 or 4 sachets a week so they soon go.

Is it this one:

wFccnRyq9q619w7ys5mp24GnNRPe6ilg4aYM1HPo2SC6jPmPkVswdERwtq-THAV7dpE

Will give it a try if so.

JackSomething said:
Is it this one:

wFccnRyq9q619w7ys5mp24GnNRPe6ilg4aYM1HPo2SC6jPmPkVswdERwtq-THAV7dpE

Will give it a try if so.

That's the stuff, although mine hasn't got that made in Ireland badge.

I warm the sachet in pan of hot water as opposed to sticking it in the micro as the instructions say.

Fbreath said:

Haven't most supermarkets got a 6 items or less till?

Swanjaxs said:
Haven't most supermarkets got a 6 items or less till?

Some have but not prime locations like Aldi & Lidl, they want human interaction.

Just trawled through the thread and I get the feeling someone really doesn't like aldi's.

I always get a receipt just to prolong my human interaction as I feel it makes the staff feel they are are then providing the full customer service procedure.

Can we have one of those things where we can vote for our favourite supermarkets. I'm torn between Aldi, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons Sainsbury's Waitrose and Lidl's. The bananas are shocking in Tesco though.

jack_lord said:
Just trawled through the thread and I get the feeling someone really doesn't like aldi's.

I always get a receipt just to prolong my human interaction as I feel it makes the staff feel they are are then providing the full customer service procedure.

Can we have one of those things where we can vote for our favourite supermarkets. I'm torn between Aldi, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons Sainsbury's Waitrose and Lidl's. The bananas are shocking in Tesco though.

Some time back I vowed never to buy another onion from Tesco, and I have been true to my word. Rotten core after rotten core.

Shopping in our house is a blue job. If I left it up to her then we would i) be bankrupt, and ii) have created an enormous food waste pile. I used to shop for convenience, but as I grew older and more miserable I now put myself through the pain of shopping for value. This means going to Lidl for the bulk and then Tesco for everything which I cannot get at Lidl.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back