• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Would you like a receipt

I called into the pub last night for a pint. I wasn't even offered a receipt.

It's outrageous - I was furious :x

I just tend to buy my receipts and get offered some goods on the way out.

I went to Lidl in Ammanford today and they asked me if I wanted a receipt - bloody aldi wankas

Neath_Jack said:
I went in to Lidl this morning and purchased 18 sachets of peppercorn sauce, then followed that up with visiting the pet shop and buying some dry food for my dog, which cost £44. On both occasions I was asked whether I wanted a receipt and both times I politely declined. Admittedly I didn't meat the criteria of £100 in the trolley, but I can confirm that neither shop assistant appeared to be wankas. Make of that what you will.

I will be available later on to answer any questions on the peppercorn sauce.

Oh, I also followed that up with a visit to the self service till in Tesco (£24 of ingredients for a spag ball, and some fruit for work), which also asked me whether I wanted a receipt via the words on the screen. I also declined that offer as well. However, the machine that served me could fall into the wanka category, due to it not accepting my chip and pin, I had to insert my card. The bastard.

Was there anyone in Lidl on their phone researching the planet swans feedback on bananas?

LeonWasTheDog's said:
12 pages? Are you all retired?

You do realise this is a national scandal you wait until the newspapers pick up on the story

LeonWasTheDog's said:
12 pages? Are you all retired?

I really wish we are all retired.. And living on a beach somewhere, A RECEIPT is a receipt, it's quite elementary

PSumbler said:
Was there anyone in Lidl on their phone researching the planet swans feedback on bananas?

No, but I was in Lidl this morning and whilst stood in the queue for the tills I was researching PS for the low down on late night transfers. Mobile news at your fingertips! Cheers Phil and team.

Cooperman said:
No, but I was in Lidl this morning and whilst stood in the queue for the tills I was researching PS for the low down on late night transfers. Mobile news at your fingertips! Cheers Phil and team.

Did you get a receipt though?

Fbreath said:
Jack123 as you are the forum supermarket guru what are your thoughts on letting people go in front of you when queuing.
You are in the queue with your £100 worth of trolley and there is a person behind you holding 4 items in their hands do you say to them "you go before me" or stuff them and let them wait their turn.

What is the acceptable ratio of what you have and what the person behind you has to tell them to go before you. E.g. you have 20 items they have 6 etc. I really need to know this as I don't want to fall into the grumpy old git bracket.

Without fail, I always do the courteous thing, and let the person with a few items go in front. Although I have been involved in a funny situation once, been queuing with just a basket say under ten items, 2 customers in front with full trolleys, next thing someone behind me with 2 items walks straight to the front, plonked them in front, and said you don't mind do you, I'm in a rush, I didn't say anything, but I was ferking tamping, jumped in front 2 other people, but only asks one do you mind if I go in front? I always regret that day, I never spoke up, it should have been "OI GET BEHIND ME'

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back