• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yanks Out

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Lots of fans (mainly on Swansea Supports Facebook Page) calling for Yanks Out.

I’ve yet to hear any explanation or viable alternative they want in?

Anyone friends with any billionaires?

Magic_Michu said:
Lots of fans (mainly on Swansea Supports Facebook Page) calling for Yanks Out.

I’ve yet to hear any explanation or viable alternative they want in?

Anyone friends with any billionaires?
There are surely enough people in and around the Club and with attachment to the area who can put together a sufficient consortium to buy us.

It's not so much the purchase price, but the fit and proper test.

When you buy an EFL Club, you have to provide - i) your source of funding, and ii) sufficiency of funding.

The first isn't an issue, if you have £28-£34million in the bank (assuming you pay off the debt owed to Levien and Silverstein), you have it in the bank.

The hurdle is the sufficiency of funding. The general rule of the thumb for the EFL tends to be that you need proof you can fund the Club's operations for two seasons. This (along with a few other items) is why the Derby sale to that Yank collapsed.

Swansea has operating expenses of £43million, but income (excluding player sales) was £24million last year. This will increase post COVID, but using those figures, a potential buyer would need to stump up -

- £30million to buy the Club and potentially pay off the debts.
- £19million for the first season, to cover the shortfall of income v outgoings.
- £19million for the second season, to cover the shortfall of income v outgoings.

We are already at £68million, without accounting for improvements to the playing squad.

If a local group purchases the Club, they will likely make immediate signings to curry favour with the fans, and those will either need to be funded by an equity injection or by taking on debt. So that's more money.

I personally can't see a local consortium willing to burn north of £68million on a Championship club.

Rough Calculations, incase anyone is interested as to how I got to my valuation :lol: -

Revenue multiple approach.

1.2 multiplier x turnover (£24million) = £28,000,000
1.4 multiplier x turnover (£24million) = £33,600,000

Enterprise Value = £28,000,000 - £33,600,000

Sadly, if they sell, we may look back on them as a golden age. History says that selling clubs on the way down is directly proportional to the level of hopeless chancer of the buyer. We of all clubs should know this.

Our ‘fan” owners knew and did this when they put us back in play for personal enrichment. Like it or not, justify it or not, that’s the fact. They need to own it.

The trust, with one chance to get the funds to rescue the club at the inevitable conclusion also sold out for “a day as a director” that should also never be forgotten. Bunch of useless Ruperts.

monmouth said:
Sadly, if they sell, we may look back on them as a golden age. History says that selling clubs on the way down is directly proportional to the level of hopeless chancer of the buyer. We of all clubs should know this.

Our ‘fan” owners knew and did this when they put us back in play for personal enrichment. Like it or not, justify it or not, that’s the fact. They need to own it.

The trust, with one chance to get the funds to rescue the club at the inevitable conclusion also sold out for “a day as a director” that should also never be forgotten. Bunch of useless Ruperts.

This is my thought too.

At least at the moment we’re being run fairly sensibly… we’re in a good league and actually have a bigger budget than most.

Be careful what we wish for.

Well there's two types of buyers , the first is the type we have now that look to make money from a club and the second type is the head of a country that needs to launder money through a football club, we need the second type which of course won't happen. To be quite honest I can't see why anyone would buy us in the state we are in now.

Magic_Michu said:
monmouth said:

This is my thought too.

At least at the moment we’re being run fairly sensibly… we’re in a good league and actually have a bigger budget than most.

A bigger budget than most but also performing worse than most.

Magic_Michu said:
monmouth said:

This is my thought too.

“Fairly” being the qualifier. The problems start when they start getting hands on. Bobbly was the first case in point. They then backed off but now Silverstein is starting to flap his wings. My fear is that they are now moving to recoup their losses no matter what it takes. The fact that they’ve effectively disabled the Trust gives them a home run. Does the Trust still have access to management accounts for example? Probably not and even if they did they would argue that they were confidential.
What a bloody mess.

If they go, lets hope lessons are learnt and proper due diligence on prospective new owners is carried out.
Won't hold my breath tbh.

jacabertawe said:
There are surely enough people in and around the Club and with attachment to the area who can put together a sufficient consortium to buy us.

I've just paid my heating bill for Jan so no spare cash I'm afraid

Charlie Morgan and his Vodka empire fancy taking over?

** tongue in cheek, no idea if him or his family have the money needed to run a football club at this level.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back