• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales v Poland

If he starts with Kiefer he deserves a fckn shoeing.

Get ya brogues out mun. Moore’s very average. I’m not sure there’s anyone better in that squad though. Cullen isn’t in my opinion, but that could be wrong and we’ll never find out if Page sticks to his favourites.

Also, why bring on an unfit Brooks (as good as he is) when you’ve got fit and in form players chomping at the bit? Why not inject more fresh legs when you’ve got at least 5 subs? He’s an odd one. Young, but stuck in old fashioned ways.

Poland have some cracking individual players though. It just wasn’t to be.

Get ya brogues out mun. Moore’s very average. I’m not sure there’s anyone better in that squad though. Cullen isn’t in my opinion, but that could be wrong and we’ll never find out if Page sticks to his favourites.

Also, why bring on an unfit Brooks (as good as he is) when you’ve got fit and in form players chomping at the bit? Why not inject more fresh legs when you’ve got at least 5 subs? He’s an odd one. Young, but stuck in old fashioned ways.

Poland have some cracking individual players though. It just wasn’t to be.
Hindsight n all that, but Poland an ageing side, should have had pace up front then bring Moore on last 20 mins. Not brain surgery.

Hindsight n all that, but Poland an ageing side, should have had pace up front then bring Moore on last 20 mins. Not brain surgery.

Like Thursday. I always felt he was experimenting/resting players in that match and that we’d be back to Moore tonight. Moore makes us play slow and predictable, as he can barely run.

I’m not sure about his ‘this group is going somewhere’ comments either. They’re close, but need at least one more international quality forward. Johnson’s good, but he can’t carry them.

Like Thursday. I always felt he was experimenting/resting players in that match and that we’d be back to Moore tonight. Moore makes us play slow and predictable, as he can barely run.

I’m not sure about his ‘this group is going somewhere’ comments either. They’re close, but need at least one more international quality forward. Johnson’s good, but he can’t carry them.
It's also not as young as is perceived either

Moore is 31 or older and certainly seems about 40. Harry Wilson 28? Brooks 27?

There are no jewels coming through either. We have a Championship side's third choice goalkeeper as number one and our best defender is 31 in a month or two...

There are no jewels coming through either. We have a Championship side's third choice goalkeeper as number one and our best defender is 31 in a month or two...
Absolutely gutted with that result, that Ref has refed them 6 times and they haven't lost once, not one yellow card for them in the second half and through extra time and looked delighted on blowing the Final Whistle after those penalties.

Gutted for Dan James.

Not a lot of strength or depth is there? A lot resting on Johnson’s shoulders, but he’s hardly prolific. I genuinely though Joey could have done a job out there tonight, but his time is up too.

It’s be nice if our academy could find some new Joes and Bens. Although I’m more interested in that for us than the national team. It’s funny how good players all seem to come through together and then there’s nothing for years.

Whole point is Page is fckn useless. Getting battered by Iran should have been a hint really.
We arnt a great side, but a half decent coach would have got us to Germany even with our limitations.

Not a lot of strength or depth is there? A lot resting on Johnson’s shoulders, but he’s hardly prolific. I genuinely though Joey could have done a job out there tonight, but his time is up too.

It’s be nice if our academy could find some new Joes and Bens. Although I’m more interested in that for us than the national team. It’s funny how good players all seem to come through together and then there’s nothing for years.
That side in two years will be without Ramsey, Moore, Davies will be 33, Joe long gone, Connor Roberts close to 30, Wilson the same.

Don't know where the next generation is coming from mate or how people perceive it to be an exciting group of players either.

That's not saying that we shouldn't have qualified. We absolutely should have but Page isn't good enough.

Page should have gone after the woeful exit to the Danes in the Euros, can't really blame him for that, if the FAW had anything about them they would have sacked Giggs rather than let it drag out and ultimately wait for him to do the decent thing.

They have no excuse after the pathetic showing at the World Cup. The only saving grace from failing to qualify for a tournament that it was harder not to qualify from is that Page should be relived of his duties.

Page needs to fuck off.

He's had a very good run, the FAW could easily have sacked him after he showed how out of his depth he was in Qatar, they kept faith with him and he "rewarded" them with 1 point from 6 against Armenia.

He's been out of his depth pretty much since the final ball was kicked to qualify for the last Euros.

He's honest, he's passionate, but that isn't enough. His go to tactic hasn't changed in 3 years - go long to big Kieffer. Utterly out of his depth and needs to go, now.

There's a lot of hope for our current group of 17-19 year olds to match what came before, bearing in mind that Connor, Joe and DJ didn't make senior breakthroughs until they were 21-22 and most Swans fans couldn't have picked them out of a lineup as teenagers.

I am sorry Wales did not get the win they needed to qualify for the Euro tournament. Listened to the extra time period by way of radio and was genuinely dismayed that Poland went on to win. The penalty contest was tough while exciting even for a non-Welsh person living in another country. Was hoping each time a Poland player would miss and you'd convert all chances and make it through. It doesn't seem fair to lose in that manner and one kick or game away from the prize and achievement of a major "football" tournament.

You'll be hurt and disappointed of course and Wales would have been a fine addition to the other squads in the competition. I was looking forward to big nation games with Holland and France and we've been denied that chance but really, despite the obvious disappointment of tonight you should be proud. Some Town fans were upset both Broadhead and Moore were involved but that's just stupid, Wales were playing such an important game tonight, they needed ALL their best available players, of course they were going to be involved.

If it's any consolation Poland will most likely go out in the first round along with Scotland while the English just fail time and again against highest level opposition or needing to win their most important or crucial games. Sincerely, It's a shame Wales won't be involved. Wanted you to win tonight and feature again. Just be proud of the team if you can, they came so close and provided tense entertainment even for non-Welsh fans. Thanks.

As many of you have said if Page is the answer then we are asking the wrong question. Tactically inept. He still has two years on his contract and I doubt there is the will or the finance to relieve him of his duties

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back